DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL OPERATIONS
DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL OPERATIONS
Posting Number: SRGV4648
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for planning and managing the day-to-day operations of patient and clinical services and staff at all UT Health RGV owned and operated locations.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for managing, planning, and coordinating the daily operations of all patient care services at all outpatient clinic sites.
• Provides leadership and support to supervisor/lead staff in clinical areas.
• Provides oversight and support for the delivery of patient services; acting as liaison with patients, businesses, academic administration and faculty; and planning for space allocation and prudent resource utilization between the clinic locations.
• Demonstrates continuous re-evaluation of methods and approaches to assure efficiency and quality of all clinical services provided.
• Continuously reviews workflows to ensure and promote patient safety, timeliness of services, maintain physical resources for efficient, cost effective and a safe environment.
• Responsible for overseeing personnel functions including hiring, evaluation of performance and compliance, personal development related to clinical performance.
• Works closely with clinic managers to assure strong support services to all practice sites.
• Establishes standards of performance for each position and ensures expectations are met.
• Ensures that patient satisfaction is maintained at every opportunity and provides opportunities for regular feedback.
• Acts as point of contact for all patient complaints/incidents and takes appropriate action as needed.
• Communicates with medical faculty and staff at all clinical sites to ensure the efficient flow of clinical services.
• Ensures quality service delivery for all patients, staff and physicians.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a schedule of staffing assignments at all clinic sites.
• Stays abreast of changing regulations that may impact clinical operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree of Science in Nursing, or health related field from an accredited university.
Current State Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Five (5) years of clinical experience, including a strong record of leadership in an ambulatory/outpatient setting or multi-specialty clinic/practice environment.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Excellent organization, analytical, planning, written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of performance improvement tools/techniques.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/21/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27598