SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT, Comptroller's Office, General Accounting
The Senior Staff Accountant is a key member of the General Accounting & Financial Reporting team. This position is responsible for the oversight of key financial areas such as accounts receivable, prepaids, and deferred revenue including the preparation of general ledger account reconciliations and annual audit schedules and financials. Works closely with other members of the General Accounting staff, and with staff in Budget, Student Accounts, Research Accounting, and other areas. This position also provides support for other Senior Staff Accountants in the collective creation of the departments internal reporting to leadership, the monthly Treasurers Report.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Advanced skills utilizing Excel, including complex formulas in order to gather, organize, and analyze data.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices with the ability to communicate topics and theories to internal non-accountant partners
- Experienced in analyzing data to determine relevant conclusion and suggest appropriate actions to management
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize routine tasks and ad-hoc requests to meet and exceed deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, demonstrating accuracy and quality of work output
- Ability to work (both independently and in conjunction with others) effectively and cooperatively in a small, collegial team environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive, intellectually curious
Benefits: Boston University's generous benefits package includes health, dental, life insurance, and paid time off! Full-time employees are also eligible for tuition remission for courses at Boston University.
Note: the tuition remission benefit extends to dependents as well. For more details on benefits, please refer to the Boston University benefits page at https://www.bu.edu/hr/employee-resources/benefits/.
The department of Financial Affairs at Boston University values intellectual, cultural, and social diversity among its staff and students. We remain steadfast in our dedication to building a team that is inclusive and equitable and a place where all constituents can thrive. For all positions, we are looking for individuals who enjoy working with colleagues in a collaborative environment and who are flexible and creative. We strongly encourage applications from women and under-represented groups who share our interest in serving a university community with diverse needs, backgrounds, ethnicities, and abilities.
- CPA or CPA candidate with Public accounting or experience within a higher education institution
- Experience with ERP desirable, SAP
Interested applicants are asked to upload a resume, list of references (if available), and submit a cover letter addressed to 'Hiring Manager - Senior Staff Accountant position #8872'. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.