Assistant/Associate Professor of Nutrition/Dietetics - Tenure Track
The University of Central Missouri’s Nutrition/Dietetic Program is seeking applicants for a tenure-track position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Nutrition/Dietetics with a start date date of Fall 2021. This is a Full time, 9-month position that may teach at both the Warrensburg and MIC campuses.
Involves teaching a variety of online and face to face graduate (including courses in the Future Education Model (*FEM) should it be approved to move from the current candidacy status to an accredited program) and undergraduate courses in the Nutrition curriculum. Upon approval of FEM engage/support Student Experiential Learning (SEL) activities.
In addition, Lead, support, and/or manage duties related to ACEND accreditation needs. Advise graduate and undergraduate students, oversee graduate research projects/theses, pursue an active scholarship agenda, participate in service to the university community, and be involved in professional organizations.
Education & Formal Training:
- Doctoral degree (ABD considered) in Dietetics/Nutrition
or closely related field (e.g. Biochemistry, Food Service
- Registered Dietitian at the time of appointment.
- Effective teaching at the collegiate level using multi-mode delivery (e.g.; online, hybrid, face to face).
- Ability to lead, support, and/or manage duties related to ACEND accreditation.
- Experience with online teaching and course development.
- Evidence of scholarly activity.
- Involvement with professional organizations.
- Computer/technology applications pertinent to nutrition, research, and teaching.
To Apply: Candidates must complete an on-line faculty profile found at https://jobs.ucmo.edu/ and apply to position 998398.
Candidates should submit the following documentation:
1. A cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications.
2. A curriculum vitae.
3. Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
4. Names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references. This is completed within the faculty profile. Two of the names should be individuals in the academic/professional arenas and one should be a supervisor who can address your experience or the potential to handle ACEND related duties.
Letters of recommendation and official undergraduate and graduate transcripts showing degree completions will be required later in the search process.
Review of applications begins March 26, 2021 and continues until the position is filled. The position start date is August 2021 (Fall 2021 semester). This is a 9-month appointment. Questions related to the position should be addressed to the search committee chair Dr. Meera Penumetcha, email: Penumetcha@ucmo.edu
NOTE: A background check is required for the selected candidate of this position and any job offer is contingent on the results of this check.
The University of Central Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and specifically invites applications from women, minorities, veteran status and people with disabilities.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Nutrition Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Warrensburg