Software Engineer III
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Software Engineer III
Job Description Summary
The Software Engineer III designs, develops, and implements software solutions that address complex information processing needs of the University. The Software Engineer III works closely with the Software Architect to maintain the overall architectural blueprint for information systems infrastructure at the University.
- Software Engineering: Devises and implements major information systems enhancements and complex software solutions. Maintains complex information system configurations and integrations. Designs software solutions for detailed implementation by other software engineers. Reviews and deploys code developed by other software engineers.
- Define Technology Architecture: Works with Software Architect to develop architectural designs and guidelines for the DevOps team. Documents design patterns that guide software development activities.
- Define Development Platforms: Works with Software Architect to maintain code libraries and repositories, component libraries, and other software engineering resources used by the DevOps team.
- Oversee Tools, Methods and Practices: Works collaboratively with architect and engineers to devise improved practices for software development and information systems delivery. Mentors team members in adoption of Agile, test-driven development, continuous integration/continuous deployment, and other DevOps engineering practices
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated with an ability to understand requirements, proactively solve problems and identify new opportunities.
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data-structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Experience with MSSQL, complex queries, views, and stored procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft SSIS
- Experience building and consuming REST and SOAP APIs
- Experience developing web-based application in MVC C# environment.
- Solid understanding of web application security and session management.
- Proficient in relational database systems, querying, reporting, and analysis tools.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in an information technology, quantitative, scientific, or STEM related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Workday development experience
- Salesforce development experience
- Experience in higher education or another governmental agency.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required. Travel between campus locations may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $70,000 - $80,000, commensurate with qualifications and work experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled, however review of applications will commence immediately.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
• Cover Letter
• List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland