Senior Library Specialist – Interlibrary Loan Specialist
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Senior Library Specialist Position's Functional Title Senior Library Specialist – Interlibrary Loan Specialist Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire Interlibrary Loan ( ILL ) Senior Library Specialist to work independently with minimal supervision. The incumbent is responsible for processing 1) interlibrary borrowing requests and materials for GSU students, faculty and staff and 2) interlibrary lending requests and materials for users of non- GSU libraries, upon request by their library.
Reporting to the Public Services Library Operations Associate, the specialist provides circulation desk and office coverage at the Library and assists with other library and interlibrary loan activities, including stacks searching and document scanning and delivery, as needed.
Salary Range: $32,290.42 to $ 33,904.94.
(This is an unionized position. Salary starts at the base up to an additional 5% based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications per union contract).
REQUIRED : DOCUMENTATION CONFIRMING HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION OR EQUIVALENT MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION ; COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED
(See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling 2 years (24 months) from the following categories:
A. work experience in a library or equivalent setting.
B. college course work in any field as measured by the following conversion table
◾ 30 semester hours equals six months
◾ 60 semester hours or an Associate’s degree equals one year
◾ 90 semester hours equals eighteen months
◾ Bachelor Degree (120 semester hours) equals two years (24 months)
◾ A Master’s or higher degree equals four years
(Note: Only a maximum of 4 years credit for college course work is available.)
3. A total of 2 years (24 months) work experience in a library or equivalent setting performing progressively more responsible work consistent with the next lower level of this series.
● Associate’s degree
● Experience providing interlibrary loan and document delivery services at an academic library.
● Understanding of interlibrary loan theory and practice; ability to multi-task and work under pressure; excellent time management skills; open to continuous learning and upgrading skills.
● Experience working in integrated library systems
● Relevant library experience in an academic or public library environment
● Experience with I-Share, OCLC, Docline or other combination of bibliographic management and/or resource sharing systems.
Posting Date 03/15/2021 Closing Date 04/15/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0486P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5767 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent. (College transcripts may be used to substitute for high school diploma).
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
**Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- * Do you have experience working in a library?
- * Do you have experience working in an academic library?
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- High School Diploma or GED
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation