Director of IT Services, Prescott Campus
Provides leadership, planning, and management of IT Services for the Prescott Campus. This includes, but is not limited to desktop support, audio visual support, events, and IT Services projects. Ensures an effortless customer service experience driving quality, efficiency, and a high level of customer service with all interactions. Monitor workloads through the use of metrics, KPIs, and observation to ensure timely and accurate completion of work orders and projects. Identify trends, anticipate problems, perform root cause analysis, and work across IT to implement preventative measures to ensure a best in class level of support and service. Responsible for ensuring that University IT standards and guidelines are implemented and communicated at the campus level.
Partners with the Prescott Campus leadership to develop and execute technology strategic and tactical initiatives. Ensures the Information Technology strategy is aligned with the Prescott Campus strategy, including administrative, academic, and research goals. Serves as the primary point of contact, engaging with the Prescott Campus constituents to identify technology solutions that meet the campus business needs. Provide project management and oversight of IT Services projects for Prescott. Maintain open and collaborative communications between IT and the Prescott Campus.
Working for Embry-Riddle Information Technology provides access to on-site amenities and a flexible summer work schedule. Employees have access to a robust benefit package – from quality health care and retirement options to generous education benefit
Essential job functions and duties:
35% Maintain open communication with faculty, staff and students to understand their technology requirements and issues. Effectively communicate the campus needs to others in Information Technology. Communicate and promote University Information Technology initiatives and standards to the campus community. Ensure all issues are addressed and handled appropriately.
25% Ensure highest level of performance from the team, through strong leadership and open communication. Monitor work quality and quantity through the use of metrics and survey feedback. Ensure that work meets the standards set by University Information Technology Services. Perform personnel functions as assigned for employees.
25% Coordinate IT Services projects. Develop and manage project plans and resource assignments to ensure timely and accurate completion. Meet with customers to determine computing needs.
15% Attend meetings and briefings related to computing support. Participate in committees and task forces as assigned. Collaborate with University and other Campus Information Technology departments in the development of strategic and tactical plans.
Bachelor's degree and and 5-10 years of progressive professional work experience
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Extensive experience managing operational customer service teams.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL best practices for service and incident management.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with various levels of customers.
- Must maintain a positive, professional image.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, manage and implement tasks in a complex university environment.
- Ability to learn new things and keep up with the pace of change in technology.
- Solid understanding of the business needs of the campus and the needs of the students.
- Ability to look for and develop long-term solutions and be proactive in addressing the needs of the campus.
- General knowledge of information technology trends and practices including networking and desktop computing standards.
- Ability to collect the appropriate information from the user to expedite the resolution the problem. Demonstrate good judgment in investigating and escalating problems.
- Ability to apply project management processes to IT projects (e.g., Proposals, Charters, Work plans, etc.) and make adjustments based on individual project complexity and scope.
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
- Demonstrate ability to tactfully handle difficult situations and ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Consistently show ability to recognize and deal with priorities. Recognize and perform duties which need to be performed.
- Ability to coach and develop team members.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships and grow business partnerships to enhance IT services.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with University and other Campus Information Technology staff members.
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements, believing in our team and partners throughout the university, learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing determination, focus and tenacity.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott