Adjunct Instructor - VCUarts Qatar - Painting & Printmaking
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Instructor - VCUarts Qatar - Painting & Printmaking Department Qatar Campus Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range VCUarts Qatar Standard Adjunct Rate Campus Qatar Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Part-Time Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Painting and Printmaking Department at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Arts Qatar (VCUarts Qatar) is establishing a pool of applicants for possible adjunct teaching positions in the fall semester 2021.
This pool will only be accessed when an adjunct opportunity arises. If an adjunct opportunity arises, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
1. Teaching courses as needed.
2. Hold one office per week per course taught.
3. Grade all assignments and exams in a timely manner.
4. Submit grades according to school policy.
5. Use VCU email for all VCU work related responsibilities.
• A graduate degree in a field related to the course(s) one would teach.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated enthusiasm towards teaching and interacting within a multicultural environment as an adjunct faculty member at VCUarts Qatar.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as an adjunct faculty member at VCUarts Qatar.
• 3-5 years of experience teaching undergraduate courses in higher education.
• Experience teaching studio courses in Qatar, the Arab Gulf, or the Middle East.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in one or several of the following areas of expertise:
4- Digital Fabrication
Job Open Date 03/15/2021 Remove from posting on or before 05/16/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit application materials via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com. Only electronic applications submitted via eJobs will be accepted.
Application materials should include the following:
1. Current CV or Resume
2. A list of three current references including names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses (references will not be contacted prior to applicant’s approval)
3. Examples of student assignments and/or student work, if available
CV/Resume and list of references should be submitted as one PDF in the “Curriculum Vitae (CV)” section of eJobs; and, due to file size limitations, the examples of student work should be submitted in a PDF in the “Other Documents” section of eJobs.
Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently living in Qatar.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104300 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application