Lab Specialist, Automotive - PT Flex
Posting Number S01366 Position Title Lab Specialist, Automotive - PT Flex Internal Position Title Lab Specialist, Automotive - PT Flex Department Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
The Laboratory Specialist is responsible for monitoring the use of the Automotive labs, maintaining records of supplies purchased for the labs, insuring proper use of tools and equipment, and assisting students and faculty in the use of the equipment.
Note: This is a non-teaching position.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County. Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
1. Previous work experience in the Automotive Service field.
2. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Good organizational, oral and written communication skills.
2. Bilingual and proficient in English and Spanish.
3. At least 12 credit hours of automotive coursework.
4. Valid driver’s license.
Posting Date 03/15/2021 Closing Date Expected Start Date 03/24/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $16.55 Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Flex Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 10-19 Work Schedule
Monday – Saturday/flexible.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
During afternoons/evenings and other needed times, in a part-time capacity and working with the Full-Time Lab Specialist:
Monitors the use of the automotive shop area labs:
1. Makes a daily check that equipment is put away in the appropriate area.
2. Maintains equipment.
3. Maintains and organizes the tool and supply cabinets in the shop area.
4. Maintains inventory of all equipment.
5. Keeps the tool boards full of necessary items.
6. Make a daily check that tools are in their proper place.
7. Performs routine maintenance and assembly of equipment utilized in the Automotive Technology Program.
8. Reports damage to automotive equipment and assists in repairs.
10. Maintains, distributes, collects and inventories all college supplies, equipment and material.
11. Assists students in the running of equipment and the use of testing equipment.
12. Assists the instructors in setting up laboratory demonstrations.
13. Complies with personal and environment safety practices associated with the clothing, eye protection, hand tools, power equipment and handling storage and disposal of chemicals in accordance with local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
16. Assists the Automotive Technology Department Chair in planning and attending the automotive Advisory Committee meetings.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have previous work experience in the Automotive
- * Are you bilingual proficient in English and Spanish?
- * Do you have at least 12 credit hours of automotive
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Availability Schedule
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake