Psychologist, Curry Health Center
Curry Health Center invites applications for a Licensed Psychologist to provide primary mental health care for UM students. The Psychologist will provide formal training and supervision of graduate student trainees. The Psychologist will participate in assessment of quality of services and consumer satisfaction as well as campus mental health care needs. The Psychologist will maintain relationships with campus care providers, administrators, faculty, staff, student advisors, committee members, and community-based mental health care providers. The work of the Psychologist is complex, requiring a broad range of skills in assessment, individual and group therapy, case management, clinical supervision, consultation, and awareness of mental health laws in Montana. The psychologist’s work is consistent with the Code of Ethics of the American Psychological Association and the policies of Curry Health Center.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of CHC/Counseling Services policies and procedures and AAAHC accreditation standards; will have working knowledge of the electronic health record Medicat; will learn and use the assessment / outcomes measure Counseling Center Assessment of Psychological Symptoms (CCAPS); will participate in the assessment of consumer satisfaction; and help with assessment of mental health needs and trends. Maintenance of professional licensure is also required.
- Professional level of skill in individual, group, and crisis counseling
- Proven ability to provide psychological assessments, primarily ADHD assessments,
- Knowledge of mental health law and ethical standards of the mental health professions
- Training or experience in cultural competence
- Knowledge of clinical diagnoses as reflected in the DSM-V and ICD-10
- Ability to maintain records in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to provide “behavioral assessments” upon request by the Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) and compose a timely and comprehensive report, and consult with the BIT as needed. These assessments will include a clinical interview and provision of relevant psychological testing to assess a student’s level of potential dangerousness to self and/or others and provide relevant recommendations.
- ADHD testing is an important service provided by Counseling Services and the psychologist is expected to do this testing as well as supervise Ph.D. interns in doing ADHD testing
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team while adhering to standards of confidentiality
- have skills in case presentation and consultation, have the ability to give and receive feedback, have an awareness of multiple professional roles in mental health care, be familiar with campus and community resources, and have the ability to serve as a staff and student training resource
- The candidate will have the ability to present on a wide range of psychological topics to UM students, faculty, and staff to help educate them on relevant and important issues that impact their lives in an engaging manner
- General knowledge of a personal computer and related software (electronic medical record, MS Word, PowerPoint, E-mail, and internet), photocopier, fax, and multi-line phone system
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology (from an APA approved program) and must be licensed as a psychologist in Montana
- A candidate that is licensed in another state must obtain Montana licensure one year from date-of-hire
- Curry Health Center (CHC) strongly encourages all employees to be current with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations on immunizations for Health Care Worker (HCW). This will ensure a safe work environment for our employees as well as our patients. The employees who have not been vaccinated will not be able to work if an outbreak occurs.
- Experience working at a college counseling center
- Experience addressing substance use disorders
- Experience with behavioral health integration in primary health care settings
About the Health Center and UM
Curry Health Center is the primary health care provider for the students of the University of Montana. We fulfill our campus role of promoting student success by providing direct health care to students; enhancing personal health and development; supporting the campus community through education and public health activities; and providing a variety of learning opportunities for students.
In Particular, the Counseling Services’ mission is to provide brief focused psychological counseling by attempting to identify and address those problems and needs that can reasonable by considered within the time constrains of a semester or less.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Psychologist
Position Number: 010080
Department: Curry Health Center
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year, Academic Year (10 months/year, August through May).
Salary: $33/hr - exempt from overtime.
Union Affiliation: None
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, April 18, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular