Social Media Specialist, Waukesha
Social Media Specialist, Waukesha
- Capture photography for posts and create graphics when needed.
- Adapt existing content from web articles, news stories, etc. for use in social media.
- Monitor and track appropriate metrics, report these metrics monthly, and make recommendations to improve performance on social media accounts.
- Monitor and assist in teaching best practices to managers of affiliated Carroll University accounts.
- Manages all primary university social media accounts. Develops an annual, strategic communications plan that includes an integrated content strategy supporting university goals and tied to measurable objectives.
- Serves on crisis communication team to disseminate timely messages through digital platforms in the event of a campus emergency.
- Manages social media advertising budgets and uses analytics to optimize performance and ROI.
- Works in collaboration with digital marketing specialist to integrate social media advertising campaigns and content strategy into other digital advertising initiatives, admissions campaigns, email campaigns, fundraising efforts, etc. for maximum reach and performance.
- Utilizes website content management system to update existing content and facilitate new content as needed.
- Serves as a thought leader in the use of cutting-edge social media tactics designed to build, inform and engage key university audiences. Stays on top of industry trends.
- Researches, writes proofreads and copyedits university materials across a variety of communications platforms.
- Supports public relations and special events as necessary.
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the http://www.carrollu.edu/about/missionstatement.asp/a">University mission.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in marketing, journalism, communications or related field.
- 3 - 7 years of demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of successful social media marketing projects.
- Demonstrated experience in client /account management and direction of project workflow through all phases of the marketing/communications process from inception to deliverable.
- 3 - 7 years successful track record in B2C social media platform management, with demonstrated growth in scope and engagement of online communities through strategic content. Experience in platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Experience in developing and executing social media advertising campaigns and using analytics to optimize for maximum ROI.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of social media and content management tools such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with website content management systems.
- Experience in or demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices a plus.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with proven ability to prioritize responsibilities, handle multiple deadlines, and be proactive and productive in a fast-paced work environment.
- High level of creativity.
- Attention and responsiveness to social media during off hours, and ability to work quickly to engage and respond to issues, including disseminating university statements and responding to inquiries.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on self-directed projects.
- Experience providing consultative support and driving change/innovation/best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=402925135