Art Director, Waukesha
Art Director, Waukesha
- Develops innovative, creative, comprehensive, and integrated visual approaches to support and enhance Carroll University's multi-tiered branding, marketing and communications campaigns.
- Works in a collaborative environment to manage and direct the work of the design and photography/video team, including interns, as well as to individually maintain a portfolio of high-priority individual design projects.
- Helps direct and execute a wide variety of assigned and shared design, brand, and communications projects from conception through production to final execution and delivery.
- Provides leadership to support strategic content and visual goals with inspired art and design direction.
- Possesses technology knowledge and mastery, as well as production guidance in a variety of media.
- Engages in development and continued evolution of visual standards guidelines.
- Models and advances high-level and brand-appropriate aesthetic choices across platforms.
- Major projects include design and direction for publications, advertising, student recruitment materials, fundraising campaigns, institutional identity and brand development, website and related collateral.
- Provides art direction and helps coordinate creative alignment across multiple assets and media deliverables.
- Works closely as a strategic and creative partner with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications to set the overall tone, strategy and agenda for brand direction and marketing and communication initiatives.
- Supports strategic initiatives, planning, management, budgets,
operations, and decision-making as required.
- Supervises and monitors staff performance related to time management, deadline adherence, use of resources, consistency in project tracking, and brand alignment.
- Responsible for consistently developing, monitoring, and evaluating processes for effective work-flows and outcomes.
- Helps recommend, source, and manage freelance designers, photographers, and illustrators that may be required for additional capacity or to achieve specific creative objectives.
- Works closely with administrative staff members to ensure that projects, tasks, assignments, schedules, deliverables, and key performance indicators are fully captured, completed, and monitored within project management system.
- Helps provide visual and design direction and support on brand, marketing communications, and design issues to campus communicators and other key partners.
- Advises on direction of identified environmental design and wayfinding, signage, and information systems campus-wide, as needed.
- Helps define and create an evolving portfolio of university marks, logos, visual identity systems, and brand identity standards to achieve strategic objectives.
- Helps guide the evolution of the university's style guidelines and brand standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in design, art, communications, or a highly related field.
- 7-10 years of highly-relevant, hands-on experience in design, branding, communications, marketing, creative direction and advertising.
- A strong commitment to collaboration and the ability to work intuitively, flexibly, and effectively in a fast-paced, in-house agency environment.
- Demonstrated strength in conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to effectively evaluate and critique creative work and advise or provide direction to others.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Effective client management skills; ability to build effective partnerships.
- Expertise in managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in large-scale and multi-faceted project management.
- Proven ability to set priorities, allocate resources/assets, create and manage timelines, work with vendors, manage expectations and deliverables.
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the http://www.carrollu.edu/about/missionstatement.asp/a">University mission.
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?Showjob=402925133