Assistant Director of Student Success Services (SS21038)
Assistant Director of Student Success Services (SS21038)
Division: Student Success, Analytics & Integ Plann
Department: Student Success
Unit: Student Success211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on April 5, 2021 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION:Probationary; Range C*
Salary Minimum: $43,785
Salary Maximum: $75,840
Salary Type: Hourly
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
The Assistant Director of Student Success Services is responsible for leading the activities and operations of the Student Connections Team, the Faculty/Staff Connections Crew, assisting in the ongoing administration and maintenance of the University's student success communication and analytic tools, and providing triage support for complex student success cases. The Assistant Director of Student Success Services collaborates with the Division of Student Success, Analytics, and Integrated Planning Leadership team and works closely with the Division of IT Solutions to implement student intervention and outreach systems.
- Master’s degree (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application) plus one year of professional experience in student support, enrollment or advising services OR Bachelor’s degree (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application) plus two years of professional experience in student support, enrollment or advising services.
- At least one year of direct supervision or providing work-direction experience.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and innovation skills.
- Ability to articulate and create processes and systems to guide work of self and others.
- Ability to work independently within ambiguous situations and apply novel solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and software platforms.
- Commitment to advancing a diverse, equitable and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Knowledge of advising practices and student support services.
- Experience providing direct service or support in a higher education setting.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Director of Student Success Systems and Communications
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M120M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 03/15/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1828
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.