Finance, Development, and HR Director
FULL-TIME REMOTE POSITION
Reports to: President
Children and Screens: Institute of Digital Media and Child Development is a 501(c)(3) organization that advances interdisciplinary research, supports human capital in the field, informs and educates the public, and advocates for sound public policy for child health and wellness.
Children and Screens seeks an experienced, self-motivated, and highly organized individual to join our staff as a nonprofit finance officer. Under the direction of the President, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll bi-weekly, financial record keeping, and transactions including A/P, A/R, monthly billing, and General Ledger, employee benefits, and grant award management. Nonprofit fundraising advancement experience is a plus.
The desired individual will have advanced experience with QuickBooks working in the nonprofit setting, an outgoing and friendly personality, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals, strong organizational and time management skills, acute attention to detail, and the ability to work well with Children and Screens’ team and directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, and bank reconciliation.
- Process and pay all invoices in a timely manner.
- Receive and deposit all organizational revenue.
- Execute payroll activities using a 3rd party payroll service provider.
- Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budget vs. actual reports, and grant-specific financial reports.
- Manage credit card reconciliation.
- Coordinate with outside CPA and Auditors in preparation of year-end audit.
- Support President in development and analysis of annual organization budget.
- Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems.
- Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative.
- Manage grant award funding.
- Research and implement employee benefit programs.
- Collaborate with President on fundraising outreach.
- Advanced proficiency and certification in QuickBooks a must.
- Nonprofit experience is a must.
- Development and Fundraising is a must.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent with 3-5 years related experience or combination of education and experience.
- Additional proficiencies in Excel and database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills: ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Understanding of and commitment to Children and Screens’ mission.
- As a small organization operating in a very dynamic environment, a significant amount of flexibility and teamwork is required. Employees are expected to work collaboratively to ensure Children and Screens’ success.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To be considered, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. To apply, applicants must email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter highlighting your experience and skills
- Transcript, contact information for two academic or professional references, and/or letters of recommendation preferred
Children and Screens: Institute of Digital Media and Child Development is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in East Setauket
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in East Setauket
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in East Setauket
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in East Setauket