CHHS Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives
CHHS Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives
Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives
The George Mason University, College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) invites applicants for the Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives position. As part of our college- and university-level commitments to inclusive excellence to best serve our highly diverse and multi-national student body, applicants who share our commitment to diverse and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the College:
The College of Health and Human Services comprises six academic units (departments): Global and Community Health; Health Administration and Policy; Nursing; Nutrition and Food Studies; Rehabilitation Science; and Social Work. Together these units offer 5 undergraduate, 13 graduate and 7 certificate degree programs with 6 external accreditations. The College is home to more than 1,900 undergraduate and 1,300 graduate students and approximately 120 faculty and staff. With the recent launch of its PhD in public health degree offered with 2 concentrations, the College has accomplished several key milestones necessary to becoming the first college of public health in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As part of these efforts, CHHS remains committed to transdisciplinary research and interprofessional practice leveraging the notable health disciplines comprising the College.
About the Position:
The incumbent will be responsible for developing entrepreneurial and strategic initiatives for students and faculty engagement through experiential learning opportunities, creative partnerships, research, and interprofessional practice in support of the College’s mission to promote and deliver the public’s health. This Associate Deanship is a senior leadership position within CHHS, reporting directly to the CHHS Dean while serving as a collaborative member of the College’s leadership team and working with leadership across the University.
Working closely with the College’s leadership and faculty, the Associate Dean will explore and launch entrepreneurial opportunities and partnerships for the College and lead the development and implementation of a metric-driven strategic plan that supports the College’s mission and growth objectives while establishing and nurturing bold and innovative public-private partnerships.
- As part of the planning and implementation process, the Associate Dean will engage university- and college-level stakeholders (potential and current partners) who share our vision for creating the first accredited College of Public Health in the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- The Associate Dean will enact the College’s commitment to greater community involvement and the reduction of health disparities, by partnering with employment sectors, donors and alumni as well as College faculty to build research and practice initiatives across employment settings;
- The Associate Dean will work closely with academic field/placement coordinators across college- and department-level disciplines to expand its network of community engagement opportunities for students, while serving as the College’s liaison with public health agencies and organizations;
- The Associate Dean will serve as a close advisor to the Dean, while overseeing the operational and fiscal management of the Office of Strategic Initiatives located within the Dean’s Office;
- This is a 12-month administrative faculty position that will require a combination of extramural and intramural outreach efforts (to build and support key partnerships) along with an expectation to teach one course annually in any of the College’s degree programs.
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited university in a public health discipline or closely related field, or a M.D. with a graduate degree in a public health discipline;
- 10+ years of administrative and leadership experience working with health and public health agencies, institutions and partners on results-oriented initiatives;
- Solid understanding of U.S. public health institutions and systems, and strategic workforce needs;
- Proven experience in developing and launching entrepreneurial initiatives in related areas;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient IT skills including shared and remote working platforms;
- Strong networking, collaboration skills and partnerships;
- Ability to handle and manage sensitive information, and to support a culture of inclusion and diversity;
- Collaborative, inclusive and transparent work ethos.
- Understanding of academic public health and related health disciplines such as nursing, health care policy, health promotion, and social work in support of the social determinants of health and disease;
- Mentoring experience with students, faculty or staff;
- Developing and maintaining community engagement opportunities for students;
- Authored publications and/or guidance on contemporary public health issues or initiatives;
- Track record of externally-funded grants;
- Change management and organizational development experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position FA44Hz at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload (1) a cover letter describing the applicant’s qualifications, interest in the position and any administrative, research or teaching experience; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) a short statement of experience in supporting diversity, inclusive excellence and health equity (as Other doc.); and (4) and a list of three professional references with contact information. References will be contacted for candidates under consideration for the position and before an offer is extended.
Review of applications will begin on March 5, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax