Financial Aid Information Analyst - Part-Time
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The Financial Aid Information Analyst serves as a comprehensive initial point of contact in Financial Aid. Providing accurate direction and guidance to students, their families and staff in all aspects of the financial aid process, this individual also identifies students who need to meet with a financial aid counselor or administrator to resolve more complex issues. The initial preparation provided by this position reduces the number of students who must see a counselor and/or better prepares those who do for a more productive meeting. The Financial Aid Information Analyst possesses a comprehensive understanding of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures in order to accurately guide students through financial aid, scholarship and loan application processes.
The Analyst must have a thorough understanding of the Admissions and Advising, Records and Registration, the Test Center, Cashier's Office, Disability Services, Career Links and Retention Services policies and procedures as they relate to the financial aid processes and other services that facilitate paying for college.
This individual is responsible for the following:
- Analyzing and determining the accuracy and completeness of all incoming information, including, but not limited to federal tax forms, DHS documentation, orphan or ward of the court documentation, selective service confirmation, student loan forms and payroll hiring forms.
- Must be able to work with diverse constituencies and possess the ability to manage multiple competing priorities, while providing outstanding customer service.
- Participates in outreach events on and off-campus.
- Participates in all assigned events based on the need of the office.
- Associate's degree preferred
- Experience in a financial aid setting preferred
- Knowledge and experience with technology, including equipment (PCs, scanners; etc.); software applications (student system; MS Office; ImageNow or similar imaging technology; financial aid programs), the Internet; as well as the ability and motivation to acquire and apply new knowledge and implement new software applications
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including outstanding customer service skills required, including the ability to determine needs and resolve issues
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and function independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn and apply multiple complex federal and state financial aid laws and regulations as well as institutional policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience working with diverse populations strongly preferred
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with other Enrollment Services units as well as other college constituencies
Hours Per Week: 10 to 20 hours to start nd up to 25
hours; depending on the needs of the office
Work Schedule: Will work 3 full days a week; Office hours Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm; staff must work up to (2) evenings a week (11:00am - 7:30pm for those days) Must be flexible to fulfill the needs of the office.
Compensation: $20 per hour - Part Time, No Benefits
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: 3/31/2021
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
Please include the following documents:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) professional references