Systems and Business Analyst
The Cleveland Institute of Art invites applications for the position of Systems and Business Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Systems and Business Analyst is responsible for leading the administration and end-user support for the College’s administrative applications with a strong focus on the integration of cloud and on-premise services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical leadership for all of the college’s administrative applications, most notably Jenzabar J1, College Board PowerFAIDS, and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Handle all data conversion and ensures the functionality of data-sharing interfaces between systems
- Write and optimize SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers
- Develops reports using Appeon Infomaker
- Create and maintain documentation for administrative systems, including a disaster recovery plan and end-user training materials
- Analyze current processes and recommends improvements that lead to best use of administrative systems, with a strong focus on automation
- Lead a campus user group for power users of administrative systems
- Serve as technical liaison for third-party vendors for cloud and on-premise administrative systems.
- Work with campus constituents on requirements gathering to understand end-user needs for new applications and workflows.
- Maintain, in coordination with the IT staff, secure access to both cloud and on-premise administrative systems.
Must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed above. Additional qualifications include:
- Demonstrated experience with SQL Server database and SQL Server Management Studio with the ability to write SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data analytics tools
- Familiarity working with outside vendors or consultants
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Project management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proven track record of a collaborative spirit and relationship development
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience working with a higher education SIS/ERP as a DBA, system administrator, or operations role preferred
- Experience analyzing and interpreting complex business practices
- Experience with PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Position is open until filled with priority consideration given for applications received by May 4, 2021. Send resume with cover letter, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org please reference job code: SBA21 in the email subject line
Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, CIA complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
The Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation's leading accredited independent colleges of art and design. Since 1882, the college has been an educational cornerstone in Cleveland, Ohio, producing graduates competitive as studio artists, designers, photographers, contemporary craftsmen, and educators.
With approximately 600 students, CIA offers a personal educational experience with the benefits of a larger institution. Students choose from 15 majors and live and work in Cleveland’s University Circle, one of the country’s most unique cultural centers – recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the ten prettiest communities in the country.
Apply for Systems and Business Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly