Associate Dean of Instructional Development and Student Learning Experience
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Associate Dean of Instructional Development and Student Learning Experience provides district-wide leadership and administration of curriculum and assessment, scheduling, early college experience, instructional development, student success and retention programs, and staff of the division. The associate dean works in tandem with other instructional leaders, directors, faculty, and advisory committees. Consults with the Vice President for Learning Services, Associate Vice President of Workforce Development, and Career & Technical Education, and appropriate staff to oversee the development of programs that focus on delivering a quality student learning experience through effective instruction and student support intervention. Quality curriculum, student-centric scheduling, effective instruction in various learning environments, and highly supportive programs to provide early intervention are all tenets of providing a quality student learning experience. The associate dean will lead these efforts in collaboration with other instructional leaders across the district to increase student success and completion.
Serves students. Supervises instructional leaders who lead curriculum, instructional development, early college programming, student success programming, and administrative support. Provides administrative oversight for the division through long-range planning, leadership and vision, operational budgets and policies.
Promotes a culture predicated on leadership development,
student-success, data-driven decision making, programmatic
excellence, and customer service. Encourages and promotes the
highest quality of instruction, program expansion through guided
pathways, curriculum alignment, student-centric scheduling, and
early intervention programs for retention, which includes working
closely with the associate deans, directors, and staff from
instruction and student services.
Collaborates with instructional leaders across the district to
ensure the implementation of guided pathways, which includes
working closely with departments on program maps and efforts to
engage all faculty in campus initiatives that support a holistic
approach to student success and completion. Serves as the liaison
between instructional leaders across the district and director of
curriculum, assessment, and scheduling, director of instructional
quality and faculty development, executive director of student
success and retention, and early college experience
Leads the Director of Instructional Quality and Faculty
Development through the creation and implementation of a faculty
hiring process, faculty first-year experience, faculty growth
through on-going professional development, and associate faculty
development and growth. Leads the Director of Instructional Quality
and Faculty Development to ensure quality instruction through
on-going faculty training in course development and
Leads the Director of Curriculum, Assessment, and Scheduling
through the development and implementation of industry-aligned
curriculum and articulation with university partners; development
and implementation of the campus assessment process in conjunction
with the assessment committee; development and implementation of
scheduling to meet the varying needs of students with a particular
focus on non-traditional schedules such as short-term classes,
weekend offerings, and evening classes.
Leads the Executive Director of Student Success and Retention
through the development and implementation of intervention programs
focused on improving student outcomes through embedded tutoring,
peer mentoring, student success workshops, and retention strategies
in conjunction with student services and instruction.
Leads the Early College Experience Manager through the
development and implementation of early college experience program
expansion. Works closely with other associate deans, instructional
leaders, and partnering school districts to ensure quality early
Provides oversight for divisional budget; works with division leaders to determine funding needs for each area within the division.
Support and participate in strategic initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Demonstrated passion for student-success;
- Minimum five years teaching experience at the college level, with curricula and course schedule development experience;
- Demonstrated successful and effective leadership experience in higher education;
- Strong project management skills which include problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated expertise in pedagogy, integrative learning, and/or active learning
- Proficient with educational technology such as a variety of LMS and active learning platforms
- Demonstrated ability to use computer information systems for data collection, reporting, and analysis;
- Demonstrated administrative and budget experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to relate well to diversified student and instructional staff;
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college;
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in higher education
- Direct experience with AVID (Advancement Via Individual
- Exempt position, 12 months, Monday-Thursday, 7:00am-5:00pm. May included some Fridays, evenings and weekends.
Position will close Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 5:00 pm MST. Review of applications begins on Monday, April 12, 2021. Position may re-open if a suitable candidate is not found.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Martinez Lake
- Academic Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Martinez Lake
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Martinez Lake
- Deans Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Martinez Lake