Director of Admissions
Taylor University is seeking applications of candidates for the Director of Admissions. This is a full-time, 12 month, exempt position located in Upland, Indiana. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
The mission of Taylor University is to develop servant leaders marked with a passion to minister Christ’s redemptive love and truth to a world in need.
The Director of Admissions is responsible to develop and maintain strategic and operational initiatives relative to recruiting and retaining students for whom Taylor University is an ideal fit, including residential and online undergraduate, graduate, and adult/non-traditional programs.
1. Develop enrollment and recruitment strategies in collaboration with Enrollment leadership.
- Create and monitor admission and enrollment goals.
- Develop appropriate strategies and initiatives to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate a genuine commitment to student success, enrollment growth, diversity, and faith.
- Manage financial and personnel resources to respond quickly to recruitment needs.
- Implement key changes to operations and personnel tasks with limited direction.
- Manage individual and group priorities with creative solutions.
2. Form and develop office and staff culture.
- Create, hire, and train the Office of Admissions team.
- Implement training to build culture for all admissions staff (professional and student).
- Organize professional development opportunities for staff.
- Provide leadership to direct reports and their respective staffs for cohesive effectiveness.
3. Collaborate and contribute to prospective student and parent communication.
- Work closely with the Director of Lead Generation to form and maintain admissions messaging.
- Ensure consistency and effectiveness of recruitment messaging.
- Provide vision and direction for key message points and recruitment distinctives.
4. Develop and implement the campus and virtual visit experiences.
- Oversee individual and event visit opportunities and manage professional and student staff.
- Provide strategy and vision to maximize interaction opportunities with stellar hospitality.
- Work closely with Director of Conference Services for visit events and summer conferences.
- Measure and assess visit outcomes and adapt the visit program to meet customer needs.
5. Manage internal and external relationships for recruitment.
- Coordinate with the Vice President for Enrollment Management in developing and implementing strategies for feeder schools, organizations, and churches.
- Ensure recruitment issues are understood and addressed at the highest level of the institution.
- Manage the off-site recruitment event schedule and hire and train traveling recruiters.
6. Review and amend admission policies.
- Oversee formation and adjustments to admission policies for all student populations.
- Collaborate with faculty, administrators, and systems support to implement admissions process.
- Manage application review and admissibility standards as an advocate for student success.
7. Complete special projects and other assignments as requested by the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Supervises Assistant Director of Admissions, Admissions Visit Coordinator, and Traveling Recruiters.
- Manages student staff, including CREW, Visit Assistants, and overnight host team.
- Initiates and maintains contact with faculty, staff, administrators and current Taylor students.
- Initiates and maintains contact with alumni, parents and friends of Taylor.
- Initiates and maintains communication with school guidance personnel.
- Initiates and maintains communication with selected church pastors and youth leaders.
- Initiates and maintains communication with partner organizations.
- Develops positive relations with prospective students and parents.
- Develops positive relations with Admissions personnel from other colleges and universities.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Masters Degree in business/sales, higher education administration, or related field.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in enrollment management, sales, or higher education.
- Preference given to Taylor graduate.
- Bilingual and/or multi-cultural experience in professional settings
- Experience with CRMs and marketing automation platforms, including Salesforce
- Adaptable and creative problem-solver with ability to make data-informed decisions
- Active membership in professional organizations, including NACCAP, NACAC, IACAC