Part-Time Receptionist, Check In
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Receptionist acts as the initial contact person for people entering Lone Star College buildings. Position’s primary function is to check in students, staff and public upon entry into the building. Secondary function includes performing standard administrative support duties. Position ensures a customer friendly environment, providing excellent customer service at all times. Activities are generally routine and may be repetitive.
This position is temporary in nature and only exists as long as there is a need to support COVID-related initiatives and funding is available.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs front lobby checkpoint and tracking duties; includes but is not limited to checking in students, staff and public through main lobby entrance or other assigned checkpoint, making sure the necessary CDS forms are completed, monitoring temperature readings, and entering data into the tracking system (Will not be responsible for taking individual temperatures. Temperature checks are done by temperature scanning machine.)
- Responsible for escalating any issues and concerns to the designated LSC contact
- Answers in-coming phone calls and emails responding to basic questions and/or forwarding calls and issues to appropriate parties as needed
- Greets all visitors to the area in a courteous and professional manner. Answers questions within scope of responsibility, or directs higher-level questions and issues to the appropriate area as needed
- Performs basic administrative support functions, including but not limited to scheduling conference rooms, receiving and logging information, making copies, sorting and distributing mail, preparing basic correspondence or documents, answering routine questions, providing information and directions, and taking and delivering messages for employees
- Maintains neat and organized work area at all times
- May contact outside emergency organizations such as fire, EMS or police if an emergency is indicated
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to wear appropriate Personal Protected Equipment at all times during work
- Self-confidence to restrict access to non-compliant individuals
- Ability to follow LSC COVID guidelines
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time while practicing social distancing of at least 6 feet apart
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and courteous attitude and professional demeanor at all times
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer-service skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new hardware and software
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong worth ethic, as well as reliability and dependability
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in an indoor, climate-controlled environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards (PPE will be provided)
- High school diploma or GED
Hourly Pay Rate is $10.25.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe