The University of Colorado Boulder and Campus Dining
is seeking applications for a full time Head
Line Cook, which offers awesome benefits!
This position is
eligible for the following benefits: EcoPass; 22 vacation days;
access to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition
reimbursement; a 10% employer contribution retirement plan, and
more! The expected compensation is $17 per hour ($35,360).
If you're interested in a hands-on working culinary position that
provides oversight and leadership in our dining operations, then
this might be the right opportunity for you!
: If selected for an interview, we will request three
professional references. Please gather the contact information
(phone and email) for three references in preparation for this part
of our process.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year
for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. We
are comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail
outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry
with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences.
We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our
carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in
resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. Our team is
dedicated to providing options and information to all of our guests
with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan,
vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong
allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Kitchen Prep and Operation:
- Prep, assemble and delegate food preparation tasks and the
setup and breakdown of production and service areas.
- Understand and utilize a variety of equipment and service
standards as appropriate while preparing, assigning, and delegating
- Follow and enforce food safety protocol in all areas of
oversight, while ensuring cleanliness and quality of Back of House
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills to assist with
customer needs and inquiries.
- Lead by example both in general work ethic and positive and
- Fully comprehend allergen labeling protocol, including
avoidance of cross contact, and report any concerns, while
following all ParTech and A9 procedures.
- Serves on the food safety response team, responding to all food
What You Should Know
- Train new staff and student employees, while empowering them to
make decisions, and holding them accountable as needed.
- Partner with leadership to discuss staff issues, create break
schedules, and address holes in the personnel roster as
This full-time position is eligible for the following
What We Can Offer
- EcoPass for free RTD rides.
- Paid days off: 22 vacation days, 15 sick leave days, and 10
- Access to Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A 10% employer contribution retirement plan.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- The pay rate is $17.00 per hour.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be challenged. Be unique. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Three years of food service experience. Education may
substitute for experience.
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the
position level or the ability to obtain appropriate certification
within 6 months of hire, and maintain for duration of employment
What We Would Like You To Have
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a
shown ability to effectively work in an environment with multiple
- Outstanding professionalism, communication and maturity in all
- Demonstrated ability to thrive independently as well as on a
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political and
geographical differences while working with students, faculty, and
staff from around the world.
- One year culinary experience in a fast-paced university or
institutional food service operation.
- Supervisory experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 3, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is
required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies
(snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event)
and report to work for regularly assigned shifts during emergency
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: