Budget Officer (10877)
The Budget Officer is responsible for budget oversight, including budget formulation and performance reviews, of a select group of academic and administrative units. The Budget Officer reviews and processes budget changes for all operating funds in the Colleague system, and provides assistance to the Senior Budget Officer, Assistant Directors of Budget, and Assistant Vice President of Finance and Chief Budget Officer in the development of annual budget proposals. Responsibilities also include the development, performance, and maintenance of analysis on university budget activity and other research topics as
1. Maintains budgetary oversight of a select group of academic and administrative units. Conveys guidelines to units for budget development, provides analysis of operating performance, reviews funding requests, and provides recommendations for approval/disapproval of funding requests. The Budget Officer is also responsible for keeping units apprised of budget performance and anticipated year-end expenditure limitations.
2. Prepares and analyzes regular and special reports relating to the development and maintenance of the university’s budget, including historical trends, academic performance measures, and the interpretation of data from institutional studies.
3. Assists the Senior Budget Officer, Assistant Directors of Budget, and Assistant Vice President of Finance and Chief Budget Officer with the development of budget proposals to the Board of Trustees and long-range budget planning documents. Performs budget reconciliations and oversees the line-item budget development process. Compiles external economic indicators and other relevant higher education information for the budget formulation process. Advises the Assistant Vice President of Finance and Chief Budget Officer of changing trends in higher education.
4. Works in Ellucian Colleague/ Datatel to modify budget and position control data.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Project Leader/Advisor B
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance, or equivalent education, training and experience
- 3-5 years' experience in budgeting, financial management or accounting preferably in higher education.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with business intelligence, data analytics, and dashboarding preferred, including analytics platforms such as Microstrategy or Tableau.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.