Job Description Summary
The Auburn University Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering ( ISE ) invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in the field of occupational safety and ergonomics/human factors with an anticipated start date of January or August 2022. Specific areas of interest include, but are not limited to, (i) artificial intelligence for systems safety and/or ergonomics (e.g. biomechanical exposure assessment) applications; (ii) cognitive systems engineering of cyber-physical systems; and (iii) autonomous mobile robotics and/or guided vehicle safety.
Eligible candidates must hold an earned doctorate in Industrial Engineering or a closely related engineering discipline at the time of employment. Candidates selected for these position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time of employment and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
The ideal candidate will be certified as a safety professional or in the process of becoming certified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Recommendation letters should be provided only upon request from the search committee. Review of applications will begin July 1, 2021, and continue until a candidate has been identified.
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Leadership Vision
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research and/or Goals
- Diversity Statement
- Other Documentation