Director of Financial Aid
About SUNY Oneonta:
SUNY Oneonta is a public college in Central New York, enrolling about 6,500 students in bachelor's, master's and graduate certificate programs. Most of SUNY Oneonta's main campus lies within the City of Oneonta, which is located in the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, about a four-hour drive from New York City, Boston and Philadelphia. With a population just shy of 14,000, the City of Oneonta is the largest municipality in a rural region dominated by agriculture and tourism.
Known as an exemplary residential campus that values inclusion, service and sustainability, SUNY Oneonta is a nurturing community where students grow intellectually, thrive socially and live purposefully. Employees give SUNY Oneonta high marks for work/life balance and culture. The college's indeed.com and glassdoor.com ratings are 4.5 and 4.1, respectively.
Beyond campus, many residents enjoy the natural beauty of the Catskills. Outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and running are among the most popular. Several ski areas nearby typically operate for seasons lasting over 100 days beginning in late November or early December. During the summer, boating, swimming and other water sports are popular on lakes throughout the region.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at the State University of New York College at Oneonta invites applications for the position of Director of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy, Planning and Effectiveness, the Director of Financial Aid provides leadership and oversight for all functions of the Financial Aid Office and serves as the campus authority on federal, state, institutional, and other financial aid programs. Additionally, the Director plays an important role within the SUNY Oneonta community in strategic discussions focused on college access, affordability, opportunity, student support, and student success. As a key member of the Strategic Enrollment Management Team, the Director must be highly experienced in the field of financial aid and possess the leadership acumen and professionalism needed to work with a diverse group of internal and external constituents.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is an integral component of the College's strategic enrollment management operations and administers a comprehensive set of federal, state, and institutional student aid programs. The financial aid team works collaboratively within the college community to coordinate the disbursement of more than $65 million annually to approximately 5,000 students. To learn more about the College or the Office, please visit https://suny.oneonta.edu/ or https://suny.oneonta.edu/cost-aid/financial-aid- awards/contact-financial-aid .
Duties include but not limited to:
- directing the College's financial aid and scholarships staff/budget/operations and coordinate a comprehensive set of student aid programs with disbursements;
- administer the functions and services delivered by the Financial Aid Office;
- manage the day-to-day operations of the Financial Aid Office, including supervision of employees;
- guide the College's overall grant/scholarship and packaging strategies in support of the College's efforts to recruit, retain, and graduate a talented and diverse student body;
- represent the Financial Aid Office at the administrative level;
- responsibility for accurate and timely submission of all reporting requirements;
- support campus compliance with Title IV, State and SUNY programs;
- ensure strong collaboration between various offices and departments of the College;
- perform other duties as assigned.
- bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university;
- minimum of five years' experience as a supervisor/manager in an assistant director, associate director, or director of financial aid (or equivalent) role at a Title IV eligible US college/university;
- supervisory and managerial experience;
- experience coordinating a comprehensive set of federal, state and institutional financial aid and scholarship programs;
- experience advising senior college leadership with regard to student financial aid programs and those programs' contributions to strategic enrollment and student success goals;
- demonstrated ability to handle conflict and stress and resolve situations in a professional manner;
- evidence of dedication to high levels of customer service;
- experience utilizing integrated student information systems;
- excellent written communication skills.
- master's degree from an accredited college/university;
- five years' experience in a financial aid director (or equivalent) role;
- knowledge of and experience administering New York State financial aid programs such as TAP and APTS;
- experience collaborating with senior staff in thought-leadership and working collaboratively to develop strategic goals pertaining to enrollment management;
- demonstrated experience in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions, managing projects, and implementing efficiencies and effectiveness using technology;
- ability to oversee integrated financial aid and operational systems;
- experience with Ellucian Banner Financial Aid;
- and experience working with and serving diverse populations.
For other employment and regional opportunities, please visit our website at: https://suny.oneonta.edu/employment .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com .
SUNY Oneonta values a diverse college community. Please visit our website on diversity at: https://suny.oneonta.edu/diversity . Moreover, the College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply online go to: http://oneonta.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=129021 Please upload a resume and letter of interest. Contact information for three professional references is required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Oneonta