Coach for Technology Learning Support Specialist (TLSS)
Position Coach for Technology Learning Support Specialist (TLSS) Full Time/Part Time Full Time Job Type Term Appointment Position Summary
The Technology Learning Support Specialist ( TLSS ) Coach supports parents, caregivers, and teachers in the completion of modules towards badging and advises on application of badges to workforce onramps. the modules utilize distance, online learning technology. When completed, the modules result in a micro-credential that can be presented when applying for jobs or as professional development.
The TLSS Coach will collaborate with the TLSS Team (Director, Instructional Designer, other Coaches), Northern New Mexico community outreach organizations, local college and public school teachers, and NMHU School of Education Project Teams. Position resides at NMHU / SOE (Las Vegas, NM) but work may be remote from home in Northern New Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will work collaboratively with Program Director to use, revise, and optimize module process and outcomes.
- Will support module users (i.e. parents, caregivers, teachers, and support experts) to assist them in the use of various multimedia elements (e.g. logging into modules, completing module assignments).
- Will provide on-going mentoring sessions for module users (parents, caregivers, teachers, and support staff) as needed.
- Will work collaboratively with Northern New Mexico community outreach organizations, local college and public schools staff connected to the TLSS Project.
- Will attend regular training sessions utilizing NMHU approved and supported technologies and applications for teaching the modules and those technologies connected to TLSS .
- Will document all parent, caregiver, teacher and support coaching sessions and interactions to provide project status.
- Will assist in the development and implementation of online learning and other related initiatives that affect the TLSS and GEER Grant at NMHU .
- Will maintain regular attendance.
- Will report to TLSS Director weekly.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Completed Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Degree (AA or AS) from an Accredited Institution of Higher Learning.
- Experience with mobile technology (smart phones, tablets, etc.) and mobile apps.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an Accredited Institution of Higher Learning.
-Experience in K-12 education and/or higher education (e.g. directed teaching or paraprofessional or job skills development).
- Experience with e-learning technology plat-forms and learning management systems.
- Experience working with community outreach organizations.
Special Conditions for Eligibility Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of college or university environment.
- Knowledge of computers, office equipment, and computer programs.
- Ability to use and leverage mobile learning modes (e.g. mobile telephones, tablets).
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to interact professionally with program staff and teachers.
- Ability to instruct (coach) the users of technology either remotely or face to face.
- Be highly flexible, creative, and able to adapt to new coaching demands, including new hardware and software environments.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing at a high level.
- Ability to utilize independent judgement.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Working Environment Pay Rate $40,000 Work Location/Campus Center Las Vegas, NM Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email email@example.com
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS468P Open Date 03/09/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three (3) Professional references in application, and 4) Unofficial copies of transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER .
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6467 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Are you a current employee of the university?
- Please describe the attributes that will make you a strong
candidate for this position
(Open Ended Question)
- If you have not had higher ed experience, please explain your
interest in working in this environment.
(Open Ended Question)
- Tell us how you maintain constant performance while under time
and work load pressures.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas