Chemistry Faculty, Assistant or Associate Professor
Crown College seeks a faculty member to teach Chemistry and related classes with an evangelical world view. Courses include, but are not limited to, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry and Physical Science. Rank determined commensurate with education and experience. Special consideration given to those with a Physics background.
Start: July 2021
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Teach up to 24 credit hours each academic year.
- Prepare, administer and clean-up required labs each week.
- Advise students in the Math and Science Department.
- Stay abreast of scholarly developments in specific and relevant fields.
- Support the institutional mission, goals and objectives of the College
- General faculty responsibilities that include:
- Participation in Math and Science Department and faculty meetings
- Provide academic advising and guidance of students
- Crown College committee assignments
- Scheduled 10 hours of office hours per week for student availability
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate expertise and experience teaching Chemistry courses at the college level.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding education.
- Established ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrate excellence in spoken, written and electronic communication skills.
- Skill in integrating teaching with the evangelical worldview.
- Ability to evaluate students’ work and report the results promptly.
- Be in agreement with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or related field, with intent to complete terminal degree.
- 3+ years of successful teaching experience in higher education.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (in addition to the above minimum qualifications):
- Demonstrate expertise in Physics or related courses at the college level.
- 5+ years of full time teaching experience in Christian higher education.
- Terminal degree in Chemistry or related field
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crown College
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crown College
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crown College
- Physics & Space Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crown College