Assistant Professor - Digital Publishing Librarian
Assistant Professor - Digital Publishing Librarian
Adelphi University Libraries is seeking a forward-thinking and enterprising information professional for the position of Digital Publishing Librarian. This newly created position will play a key role in expanding the ongoing efforts of Adelphi Libraries to provide innovative and professional scholarly support to Adelphi faculty, students and community members.
The Digital Publishing Librarian will lead the development and implementation of the library's digital publishing initiatives, coordinating and delivering a robust program of scholarly communications and research dissemination services in support of learning, teaching and research at Adelphi.
Central to this work is engaging with faculty, students, and other stakeholders across the university to develop productive partnerships, promote greater awareness of the library's digital publishing initiatives, and provide instruction, training and guidance on significant developments and emerging issues related to the changing scholarly publishing landscape. This position reports to the Dean of Libraries.
- Management of Adelphi Scholarly Works, the University's institutional repository.
- Exploring ways to establish Journal Production Services and associated library publishing services.
- Research and community engagement to track developments in the dissemination of academic and creative works.
- Collaboration with library colleagues and relevant stakeholders to identify, develop, and implement new digital publishing services.
- Development of community-developed best practices for publishing related services.
- Participate in relevant library, university, and professional association committees, working groups and organizations.
- Education and outreach with university administration, faculty, students, and library colleagues, related to a variety of digital publishing services, trends, and issues.
- Coordinate the publishing of the electronic theses and dissertations.
- Serve as liaison to the Graduate Student Council.
- Coordinate initiatives with the Assistant/Associate Dean of Libraries for Digital Initiatives.
- Coordinate Open Access and Open Educational Resources initiatives.
- Contribute to other projects or initiatives related to the creation, use, management or dissemination of digital assets.
- Represent the library to other groups around campus and the region.
- Serve on University and Library committees.
- Participate in professional associations and bodies.
- Participate in scholarly and professional activities including research.
- Publishing required for reappointment tenure and promotion.
- Applicants must hold a master's degree from an ALA accredited school of library/information science.
- A second post-baccalaureate degree or similar proof of advanced study is highly preferred and is required for promotion to the rank of Associate Professor and for tenure.
- Applicants must possess excellent supervisory, interpersonal and communications skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a collegial culturally diverse environment.
- Applicants must demonstrate evidence of ability to meet criteria for promotion and tenure.
- Knowledge of publishing platforms used in library-based publishing programs.
- Knowledge of emerging and evolving scholarly publishing models.
- Experience supporting the development of new research support services in libraries or for scholars.
- Experience identifying appropriate funding opportunities and writing successful grant applications.
- Experience planning, developing, and promoting innovative outreach programs and services.
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse populations.Excellent project management skills with a track record of overseeing technology-based library projects.
Adelphi University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage you to consider becoming part of our community and welcome applications from all candidates, including people of color and those who are, or identify as, members of any marginalized, underserved or underrepresented group. We invite you to read our University statement on diversity here: https://www.adelphi.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion/about
- Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names of three people who will serve as reference.
- Informal inquiries concerning the position are welcome: Christina Connolly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the appropriate candidates are secured.
- We strongly encourage applications from members of historically under-represented minority groups.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2508