Assistant Football Coach
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Coaching responsibilities as assigned by the head coach, to include; instructing students on sport fundamentals, setting goals, setting clear expectations, and providing feedback to students
• Assist in the organization, preparation, and coaching of the Husson Football Team to include:
o attendance at all practices, scrimmages, and games
o recruiting off-campus
o attendance at pre-season training and spring football
• Implement the basic principles and policies of the athletic governing bodies (NCAA/CCC) and Husson University
• Assist in monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes to ensure they are meeting academic course requirements and providing guidance and instruction to students to ensure success
• Assist in monitoring the conduct of the student-athletes
• Assist with recruiting to include on-campus tours, phone calls, emails, social media, off-campus school visits and camps
• Assist in teaching athletes on strength and conditioning and provide general instruction of the team
• Responsibility to meet on a daily basis with the head coach concerning all areas of instruction, training, scrimmages, games, and recruiting activities
• Directly responsible to the head coach for all related assignments concerning the football program
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree required
Experience: Proven experience in playing or coaching at the high school or intercollegiate level. Coaching licenses, certifications, and badges preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: Working knowledge of coaching either offensive or defensive football. Ability to conduct film sessions with both individual members of the team and the full team. Experience in Adobe Photoshop Plus.
Must also possess the skills to function well in a variety of support roles that interact positively with the administration, faculty, coaching staff, student-athletes and other on-campus and off-campus communities.