Instructor in Spanish
The School of International Letters and Cultures (SILC) at ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY seeks applications for an Instructor in the area of Spanish. The successful candidate will be expected to teach lower-division courses in Spanish curriculum, online, in-person, and/or hybrid, hold office hours, and work closely with the program director and coordinators to prepare class materials and assignments. Depending on areas of expertise and need, the candidate may teach upper-division/heritage language/content courses. Must stay up to date with relevant professional development. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible appointment made on an academic year basis (Aug.16-May 15). A typical full-time course load is four classes per academic semester (for 4-credit hour classes). Subsequent annual renewal is possible contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, the needs of the university, and sufficient enrollment in assigned courses. Anticipated start date is August 2021.
The College values our cultural and intellectual diversity and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
Learn more about what The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences has to offer by viewing https://thecollege.asu.edu/faculty. Arizona State University is a leading major public university committed to inclusion and excellence in research and education.
- A. in Spanish, applied linguistics, linguistics, or related field, by time of appointment.
- Three years’ experience in higher education teaching Spanish language courses, and evidence of effective teaching (including online).
- Familiarity with second language acquisition-based pedagogical strategies that include proficiency-based approaches to teaching Spanish and the ACTFL proficiency
- Native/near-native proficiency in both Spanish and
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion among diverse student
- D. in Spanish or related field by time of appointment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in appropriate technologies in language
- Experience with outreach to diverse communities.
- Training in heritage language
- Ability to teach upper-division coursework within our current curriculum. For related information, please see https://silc.asu.edu/degrees/spanish and https://asuonline.asu.edu/online-degree-programs/undergraduate/bachelor-arts-spanish/.
To guarantee full consideration, applicants must apply electronically to http://apply.interfolio.com/85142 submitting complete dossier, which must consist of the following:
- Cover letter outlining how the applicant's experiences fit the qualifications listed above.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Language teaching philosophy statement.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (quantitative and sample of qualitative data from teaching evaluations).
- A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion will advance ASU’s commitment to inclusive
- Contact information for 3.
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available onlineat https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu
- Humanities Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Asu