Systems Admin/Programmer IV
Systems Admin/Programmer IV
As part of ICT, you will lead medium to large-sized projects and direct teams responsible for maintenance, installation, configuration, and deployment of advanced hardware and software systems. You and your team will participate in managing UF Data Centers and delivering hosted server, storage, virtualization, database, email, or related systems. These systems connect University of Florida campuses and research sites around the world via high-speed data, video, WI-FI, telecommunications, and VoIP services.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
- Assisting Microsoft Platform Team in architecture and implementation.
- Providing leadership, advice, and recommendations on enterprise systems administration and management technologies.
- Mentoring and cultivating fellow talented staff members.
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communications Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission.
For more information about UFIT Our Purpose. Our Legacy. https://it.ufl.edu/leadership/strategic-plan/
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
Diversity and inclusivity make our institution and our community better. We value the fresh ideas and unique perspectives a diverse group of people provides. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people from many backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching and learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution.
$90,000-$105,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. https://hr.ufl.edu/benefits/ Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and eight years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Expertise in installation, architecture/design, and management of Enterprise Application Infrastructure in large-scale environments using on-premises and cloud deployments.
- Proficiency with automation, scripting, and configuration management systems such as: Puppet, Ansible, DSC, GitLab CI/CD, PowerShell, Python.
- Configure load balancer appliances, policies, and virtual server load balancing
- Windows management (Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019) with the ability to perform in-depth troubleshooting
- Kerberos, Group Policies, Trusts, DNS, Active Directory
- Advanced experience with Microsoft IIS and Microsoft Server.
- Familiarity with orchestration tools such as Terraform
- Monitoring systems such as: Nagios, Zabbix
- Outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency
- Observe, detect, identify, and resolve complex technical challenges and communicate resolutions in a clear and concise manner
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Work collaboratively and build strategic relationships with both internal and external clients
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge