Director, Creative Content
Job Posting Location:
Job Posting Title:
Director, Creative Content
Job Description:POSITION SUMMARY: The Director, Creative Content serves as the visual content leader and developer for Pomona College. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Communications, the Director, Creative Content works collaboratively to conceptualize and produce high-quality visuals across various media platforms that support the communications strategy and goals of the College. This position oversees and guides the visual identity of the College and serves as the primary graphic designer for the office of Communication. The Director, Creative Content also plays a lead role in design for publications such as Pomona College Magazine, including layout and design, and managing photo and illustration assignments, contracts and designing imagery for the web and social media. Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborate on concept and manage pre-production, production and post-production of visual content, working closely with colleagues in the Communications Office, as well as clients in Advancement, Admissions, on executive staff and other key departments.
- Responsible for the direction and executive oversight of visual content-related independent contractors and student employees and all of the activities and services provided by them in the Communications Office.
- Guide design collegewide and uphold standards to best meet college needs and to help deliver the Pomona College story across multiple communication platforms and to all key College audiences. Implement project schedules and coordinate resources ensuring all activity is completed to the agreed deadlines and budget.
- Ensure that the Pomona College “brand” is strongly and consistently represented, including the College mark, approved logos, color palette and other approved assets in the College’s print and digital communications. Update and create as necessary visual standards guides for various communication platforms. Work across the College to ensure compliance.
- Maintain and develop as needed relationships with key vendors to ensure quality, cost-effectiveness and timeliness for the production of Pomona College materials as needed.
- Education: Appropriate training in design and creative production or equivalent experience combined with knowledge of the needs of a higher education community.
- Licenses/Certificates: A valid driver’s license or equivalent means of reliable transportation to off-site meetings and events is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 10+ years of experience in communications and graphic design. Full expertise in use of graphic design software and related design tools, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Due to archived publications, a working knowledge of Quark XPress is also a plus. Experience in managing concurrent projects and knowledge of project management principles is preferred.