Financial Aid Counselor
University of Idaho
Financial Aid Counselor
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.01 per hour or higher depending on educcation and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Advise and counsel students and families concerning eligibility for financial aid, professional judgment, loan requirements, and special circumstances. Counsel and guide internal and external customers about financial aid processes. Present scholarship and financial aid information to audiences on and off campus. Develop, analyze, and review reports to determine eligibility for federal, state and institutional financial aid and scholarship programs. Apply financial aid policies and procedures to process student financial aid records.
High school diploma or GED
• Experience interpreting, explaining, and applying laws, regulations, and complex policies for multiple or highly specialized programs
• Experience analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues
• Experience entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system
• Experience compiling/maintaining data and organizing data and information into written reports
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience and education
• Master’s degree in an area that involves working with student personnel, counseling, higher education, or a related field
• Knowledge of federal aid regulations and programs, and the UI scholarship program
• Knowledge of university financial aid, admissions, registration and course work progress patterns
• Experience with SCT Banner software, Excel or Access and word processing programs
• Experience working with high school and/or college students
• Experience with financial aid packaging
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to work independently in completing projects
• Ability to work professionally with people from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002737P
Posting Date: 03/09/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before March 25, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Position will remain open until a sufficient pool of candidates is identified.
In addition to the online application, please submit a resume and a detailed letter of qualification addressing all of the required and preferred qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.