Postdoctoral Associate - Powell Gene Therapy Center (52474)
Dr. Clément’s laboratory at the Powell Gene Therapy Center of the University of Florida, Department of Pediatrics, is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Associate to join the Process and Development team and promote the development an implementation of new production and analytical methods of recombinant Adeno-associated virus for clinical research.
The Vector Core of PGTC is dedicated to the development of large-scale manufacturing method to support IND-enabling pre- clinical and clinical studies. These methods are developed in view of implementation to the GMP facilities or external CRO by technology transfer. Current methods include transfection and HSV infection-based production, both in adherent and suspension format. Purification methods include density gradient, chromatography and filtration. Analytical assays are also developed to further determine biological and chemical parameters of clinical-grade rAAV drugs for clinical trials.
While the major focus is to improve production yield and biological quality of rAAV preparations, the work relies on a clear understanding of molecular and virology mechanisms.
The ideal candidate should have a recent Ph.D., a strong background in molecular biology and cell culture. Candidates with knowledge in protein or virus purification, chromatography, and/or AAV vector development will be favored.
The candidate’s job duties will include:
- Developing innovative research ideas
- Designing and conducting experiments
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Assisting in project planning and timing management
- Submitting articles for peer reviewed publications
- Presenting research results at scientific meetings
- Training of other personnel
The candidate will be working on:
- Adeno-associated virus vector cloning, production, purification and testing
- Assay development for AAV stocks analysis and quantification
- Writing articles for publications and contributing to grant writing
Minimum: PhD or MD
- Cell culture
- Suspension cell culture/bio-reactors
- Anion-exchange chromatography
- PCR, western blots, ELISA, SDS-PAGE,
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three professional references, or three letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin on October 4, 2019 and will continue until a sufficient applicant pool has been established.
Selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approval by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://naces.org/ .
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville