Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
- Teach curriculum offered in CACREP accredited MS Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling degree programs. The incumbent would be expected to teach courses that may include, but are not limited to: Family Systems, Diagnosis and Psychopathology of Adults, Diagnosis and Psychopathology of Children and Adolescents, Treatment Planning, and Microskills.
- Instruct courses in varied locations, at varied times, and via various media commensurate with department and university needs.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance teaching abilities.
- Contribute to student growth and development including student advising.
- Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve. Provide service to the university and community including the program, department, college, university and greater community.
- Assist with maintenance of programmatic accreditation.
- Support department functioning through shared work responsibilities.
- Earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited program.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated success as a licensed clinical mental health counselor
- Skills/ability to integrate technology to enhance learning and teaching.
- Experience with implementation of CACREP standards and accreditation.
- Graduate level teaching experience in Counselor Education.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort in using technology skills in the classroom or for course delivery
- Experience with adult learning and/or returning students
- Demonstrated scholarly work related to counseling diverse cultures and populations
- Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching.