Director, Student Account Services
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Director, Student Account Services Department Student Account Services Compensation Title Position Number 30000544 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Monday – Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Asst. Vice President/Comptroller, the Director of Student Account Services position requires strong initiative and consistently dependable judgment. This position is directly responsible for directly overseeing the day to day operations of the department, planning, budgeting, developing, managing and administering programs that support the billing and collection of revenue; the student refunding process; receipting, reporting of outside scholarship funds, the federal Perkins loan program, third party billing, internal and external collection processing, as well as front end customer service activities (departmental deposits) related to the receipt, deposit and accounting of University funds while ensuring compliance with established federal, state, and local regulations and university policies.
The Director will provide leadership, training and guidance to staff of the Office of Student Account Services ( SAS ) to achieve excellence in customer service that is integral with the goals and mission of the department and the University.
The Director is responsible for the oversight of the SAS cash handling processes, including the maintenance of appropriate internal controls, assuring security and confidentiality of student information and ensuring that collection efforts are effective and compliant.
• Direct the operational activities of the SAS office, including but not limited to, accurate and timely billing, student refunding, collections activity and reconciliation of student accounts and accounts receivable. Responsible for front line customer service functions including the security of funds, proper recording, timely depositing, and reconciliation of cash receipts.
• Ensures accurate and timely billing of student and third party accounts. Manages student refund processes, ensuring compliance with Federal Title IV regulations. Coordinates billing schedule and processes with appropriate offices on campus. Maintains functional expertise on the SAP SLCM Accounts Receivable module. Supervises the eBill, and eRefund processes and promotes these services to students.
• Enforce and monitor adherence to University internal control policies especially with respect to the timely and accurate receipt postings, deposit, and accounting for University funds. Responsible for maintaining accuracy and compliance with University, federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines including but not limited to FERPA, Title IV, PCI - DSS, GLBA, GDPR, SCRA, FDCPA, FCRA, UDAPP, ADA, FERPA, DOE Cash management Rules, Regulation Z/ TILA and TCPA and IRS required filings related to 1098T.
• Monitor and manages all accounts receivable and collections including the implementation and maintenance of appropriate collections activities and efforts. Contracts with third party collection agencies and the KY Department of Revenue for the collection of defaulted accounts and manages agency performance and related activities.
• Supervise the duties and responsibilities of the staff within the SAS office. Provides continual training and supports a high standard of service to students and customers including the promotion of financial literacy.
• Evaluate existing business practices in an effort to continuously improve operational effectiveness. Utilize student surveys to measure customer satisfaction. Recommend, design, implement and analyze business process improvement efforts. Identify and implements business process efficiencies that support the goal of a paperless office. Monitor best practices and benchmark operations to other student account services offices through research and participation in the annual NACUBO student financial services survey.
• Collaborates with the AVP /Comptroller on a regular basis on outstanding receivables with recommendations for resolution of uncollectible accounts.
• Maintains documentation of all SAS office policies and procedures.
• Manage all aspects of the Federal Perkins loan program, nursing loan program and other loan programs which are supported by a third party loan servicer. Manages student Perkins loan consolidations, loan assignments to the federal government and the wind down of the Perkins Program.
• Performs routine management functions including strategic planning and budgeting.
• Responsible for 1098-T reporting and the timely and accurate submission of information to students and the IRS .
• Coordinate and communicate with other departments to streamline processes and improve internal controls. Assist SAS staff with daily technical issues and communicate technical problems to the Information Technology team, quantitative and qualitative analysis and responds to audit requests.
• All other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President, Comptroller.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Management, Accounting or related business field with five years’ relevant experience with increasing levels of management responsibility.
Equivalency: Master’s degree and/or additional certification is preferred and can be used to substitute for relevant experience.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree Minimum Experience 5 years Salary Pay Grade UN
Requisition Number 2021S1331 Job Open Date 03/10/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10077 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- * What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- * Do you have experience working in a higher education
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with SAP?
- * Do you have experience working with SAP within an educational
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport