Assistant Professor, Computer Information Systems
As the Computer Information Systems, Assistant Professor you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a background in cybersecurity, systems analysis, app development, project management in IT/IS, and systems integration; evidence of successful university teaching experience; interest in collaborating both within and outside the university in the development and delivery of instruction; and a demonstrated record of scholarship and service.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region
Essential Job Duties
Teach three courses each semester in the CIS program, conducts scholarly research, and engages in service activities as required.
Additional Job Description
- Ph.D. in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related discipline from an AACSB-I accredited program.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2021. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- Experience teaching Cybersecurity and secondary emphasis on System Analytics and App Development. While not required, ability to teach data analytics courses will be a plus. Practical industry experience is also desirable and valued.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the college and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae & Cover Letter
- Five (5) Professional References
Salary: Commensurate with experience
This position is posted as "Open Until Filled".
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers