Alico Chair, Marketing, Eminent Scholar and Full Professor
As the endowed Alico Chair in Marketing, Eminent Scholar and Full Professor you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives. As Alico Chair in Marketing, you will also work with the agribusiness community.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Essential Job Duties:
The reduced teaching load for this position will be two courses per semester with the possibility of summer teaching assignments. Teach two courses each semester in the Marketing program, conduct scholarly research that results in high quality publications, engage in service activities as required, as well as being involved with the agribusiness community.
Produces scholarly output consistent with the rank of Eminent Scholar and sufficient for classification as Scholarly Academic according to the LCOB faculty classification.
Additional Job Description
- Ph.D. in Marketing from an AACSB accredited program.
- Current rank of Full Professor or Senior Associate Professor with at least 4 years in rank who will qualify as full professor per the Lutgert College of Business standards and requirements.
- Experience teaching both Graduate and Undergraduate Courses.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in scholarship that includes publications in A level journals and is consistent with the rank of Eminent Scholar.
- Practical industry experience is also desirable and valued.
- Candidates with current rank of Full Professor will be preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University on scholarship and the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued high-quality scholarship and service to the school and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED . As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU .
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae & Cover Letter
- Five (5) Professional References
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers