Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number P00001 Working Title Post Doctoral Research Fellow Department Pediatrics Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range 53,760 Campus Off-site Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? Yes Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Healthy Lifestyles Center is hiring a postdoctoral fellow to become as an integral member of their research team in the area of pediatric obesity treatment, prevention, and school food policy. This position is funded by two NIH R01 investigations: 1) a randomized clinical trial investigating the role of parents in treatment, and 2) a randomized controlled trial investigating school salad bars for their impact on student’s dietary consumption patterns. This position will work under the supervision of the PI, Dr. Melanie Bean. They will collaboratively make an Individualized Development Plan to help guide the training goals and benchmarks to achieve these via experiences provided by these investigations, as well as nurturing the fellow’s own independent line of related research. This is a 1 year position, with the potential for a 2nd year based on progress and availability of funding. This position is contingent upon grant funding
• Doctoral degree in counseling or clinical psychology or related field.
• Experience conducting behavioral weight management in pediatric populations.
• Experience with school-based research.
• Strong knowledge of pediatric obesity
• Strong research and clinical skills.
• Clear understanding of the systematic inequities that drive obesity and observed health disparities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Evidence of scholarly productivity.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with families across a broad cultural and socioeconomic spectrum
• Ability to interface effectively with external organizations, such as schools and community organizations.
• Excellent organization, time management and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work independently and with groups
• Ability to work in a diverse environment.
• Flexibility with work hours to include evenings and early mornings as needed
• Experience using SPSS and RedCap
Job Open Date 03/10/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104199 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)