The position is a joint appointment between the Institute of Leadership in Higher Education (ILHE) and the College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences. The successful candidate is expected to mentor graduate and undergraduate learners drawing on best pedagogical practices; experienced in education and higher education leadership in internationally diverse institutions; supervise graduate and undergraduate students’ theses/projects; serve on committees; support program development in ILHE and the Department of Education; manage programs and coordinate students’ events; contribute to other initiatives aimed at supporting the goals of the university; work closely with ILHE professional development team to develop workshops and programs; design and facilitate faculty development workshops both on the campus and off-campus through contemporary digital platforms; undertake publishable research related to education and leadership in higher education; conduct quality Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) research to promote evidence-based and innovative pedagogical practices.
- Teach courses in education and higher education leadership using a hybrid of different pedagogical approaches.
- Provide mentorship and supervise learners' theses and projects at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Collaborate with other staff to design, develop, and facilitate workshops for faculty and graduate learners' professional development.
- Contribute to program planning and curriculum development, study plan, program reviews, assessments, improvement in teaching methods, and resource allocations.
- Participate in reviewing students' admission processes in the institute and the Department of Education.
- Assist with the graduate and undergraduate programs' marketing campaigns in collaboration with the university's marketing department.
- Conduct quality educational research and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) for dissemination at forums, conferences, and high-ranking academic journals.
- Plan and support the orientation processes for students in ILHE and the Department of Education.
- Undertake other activities and responsibilities as assigned to support the institute and university goals.
Minimum Educational Qualification/Experience:
Ph.D. degree in a field such as Education, Higher Education Leadership, Educational Leadership, and Higher Education with extensive scholarly experience in assessments, teaching methods, and curriculum designs.
Preferred Educational Qualification/Experience:
- D. in Education, Higher Educational Leadership, Educational Leadership, Higher Education.
- Hold Master’s degree or any other certificate in Higher Education Leadership, Educational Leadership or Educational Management.
- Specialized in or knowledge of best practices in higher education leadership, teaching methodologies, assessment strategies, and curriculum designs.
- Experience teaching as faculty in graduate and undergraduate programs within internationally diverse settings.
- Experience with facilitation of professional development workshops for faculty and graduate students.
- Knowledge of active learning pedagogies for enhancing students’ experiential learning experiences.
- Experience working as a mentor for graduate teaching assistants and research assistants.
- Experience with learning management systems such as Blackboard, Desire2Learn, Moodle, etc.
- Reputation for winning research grant applications and publications in high-ranking international journals, including those indexed in Scopus.
- Minimum of 3 years in the current rank (Associate/Full Professor)
Required Application Materials
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of interest
- Research Plan
- List of 3 references
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Education Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Other Education Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Humanities Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Other Humanities Adjunct Competitive Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates