Chief Financial Officer
Florida Institute of Technology is currently searching for a Chief Financial Officer & Senior Vice President of Finance and Accounting. Florida Institute of Technology (Florida Tech)—a nationally-ranked STEM university—invites applications and nominations for the position of Chief Financial Officer. Florida Tech seeks an individual with the intellectual and personal qualities to be an innovative leader with strong interpersonal communication skills. The Chief Financial Officer will report to the position of President held by T. Dwayne McCay, Ph.D. The Position: The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides leadership and oversight for the development and execution of a sustainable financial model for the University that anticipates and responds to the opportunities and challenges of the higher education environment. Reporting to the President, the CFO is responsible for the management of operating budgets and financial reporting, development of forecasts for the University that accurately anticipate risks and opportunities including return on investment and opportunity cost analysis, promotes operational excellence through cross-departmental collaboration and possesses a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and effectively communicate statistical and financial information to internal and external stakeholders. The University: Florida Tech was founded in 1958 at the dawn of the Space Race that would soon define the Atlantic coast of Florida and captivate the nation. Now the premier private technological university in the Southeast, Florida Tech is a Top Tier Best National University in U.S. News & World Report and one of the most internationally diverse universities in the country. Florida Tech is ranked among the top 5 percent of 18,000 degree-granting institutions worldwide in the 2018-19 World University Rankings and has been named a Top College and Best Value University for 2019 by Forbes. Florida Tech offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in aeronautics and aviation, engineering, computing and cybersecurity, business, science and mathematics, psychology, education and communication. Learn more about our relentless pursuit of greatness at www.floridatech.edu. The Community: Florida Tech is located in Melbourne at the heart of Florida’s Space Coast, the birthplace of space exploration that has grown to be home to several rapidly expanding industries. The economy features cutting-edge communications, electronics, aerospace and aviation, homeland security and defense, emerging technologies, high-tech manufacturing and more. Brevard ranks first in Florida and sixth in the U.S. for the most concentrated high-tech economy. Drawing more than 2.5 million tourists annually and boasting 72 miles of pristine beaches and an average temperature of 73 degrees, Florida’s Space Coast is a place to work and play, with convenient access to all that Central Florida has to offer. Duties include:
- Develops strategies for the University's financial health for the future while managing ongoing operations.
- Establishes projections and cash dashboards, forecasts and controls cash requirements and anticipated cash flow on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Establishes and maintains a strong internal controls environment to properly report the financial results of the university. Directs the preparation of presenting and reporting accurate and timely financial information and statements.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements. Maximizes return on invested funds; maintains relationships with investment advisors.
- Provides strategic leadership in planning for university growth, resolving financial issues and evaluating financial performance against objectives.
- Ensure compliance with Board of Trustees' policies; college, county, state and federal regulations; generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); and other statutory requirements.
- Forecast future billings, collections, payables, costs and expenses.
- Responsible for management of endowment policies and procedures as well as the investment and spending strategies
- Appropriate Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in area of expertise.
- Previous Higher Education or non-profit experience preferred.
We are an E-verify employer