Financial Aid Advisor
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Financial Aid Advisor.
The Financial Aid Advisor with need to be task oriented and open to learning. The FA Advisor will work directly with students and parent on issues relating to financial aid. They will also work directly with the Department of Education. This individual will perform duties necessary for the proper administration of Federal, State, and Institutional Financial Aid at Lourdes University, requiring considerable knowledge of Federal, State, and Institutional regulations and software. The FA Advisor is expected to be an active partner with the Director in their professional development.
General Lourdes University Office of Financial Aid Role:
- Provide input, suggestions and creative thought to foster the development of the Financial Aid Office, Lourdes University and the Lourdes University Community at-large. Seek out new and improved methods to effectively and efficiently create a more positive work environment and student-centered atmosphere.
- Perform duties associated with the proper, legal, and ethical administration of all financial aid administered through, by, and on-behalf of the U.S. Department of Education, the Ohio Board of Regents, Lourdes University and all such agencies/individuals as applicable.
- Understand and utilize the Banner financial aid module to perform primary functions and required tasks and reports.
- Observe processes and suggest actions (with Director of Financial Aid) which will positively impact customer service, including response time, quality of communications, and issue resolution.
- Task List and Report List: Ensure completion of reports and tasks associated with your assigned responsibilities are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
General Financial Aid Advisor Responsibilities:
- Assist with Student Counseling. This can include, but is not limited to, counseling prospective and current students, parents, or others who inquire about the financial aid process; communicating with prospective and current students regarding activities related to their financial aid including phone contact, internal office visits and emails.
- Assemble awards that cannot be auto-packaged including “spring only’ students.
- Re-package aid based on changes in enrollment based on both student requests and on the Freeze date
- Package according to federal, state and institutional regulations; use necessary DOE related web information including but not limited to NSLDS (National Student Loan Information System), the DOE, COD (Common Origination and Disbursement) System, the Financial Aid Administrators Systems, and the Transfer Monitor Process
Coordinate FWS program and State programs
- Coordinate OCOG process including download of registers, verification of accuracy, and corrections as needed. Maintain audit compliance. Process NEALP loans and War Orphans using OBR HEI system
Verification Process and Special Conditions:
- Perform financial aid verification, as required by the Department of Education, on files that are either selected by the DOE or chosen internally. Maintain high standards of customer service for accurate and timely processing. Review and make appropriate changes in process including tracking, letters, etc., to ensure quality.
- Responsible for making determinations of student eligibility for professional judgment adjustments by using reasonable, prudent judgment and when necessary consulting with the Director of Financial Aid.
Manage Consumer Information:
- Manage social media for the department, including posting websites, scholarship opportunities, and other information.
- Coordinate the scholarship committee process and post scholarships on Sakai for ease of access for committee members.
- Coordinate FYE class visits, Capstone class visits, and other classroom requests.
- Present financial aid programs at high schools and other organizations, as necessary.
- Assist in the coverage of University fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment events, as applicable.
- Responsible for updating yearly forms and website in conjunction with the Director.
Other General FA Responsibilities:
- Assist in administering all financial aid programs while maintaining skills associated with Title IV administration.
- Ensure assigned responsibilities are performed from the Lourdes FAO Task List and Report List
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous of financial aid experience desired.
- Computer and data management skills.
- Must be willing and able to undertake tasks requiring much attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be willing and able to participate in on and off-campus events. Flexibility in scheduling; available evenings and weekends.
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here. EOE