Dean(s) - Gila Pueblo Campus and Payson Campus
College and Area Information:
Eastern Arizona College provides residents of Gila County opportunities for higher education in Globe and Payson. Eastern Arizona College is the oldest member of the Arizona Community College system and is fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
The Dean of each campus reports to the Senior Dean. The office and daily work environment expectation will be at the designated campus for each position.
Funding for this position is contingent upon continuation of the external contract between the Gila County Community College Provisional District and Graham County Community College District.
- Master’s Degree with four years of progressively responsible experience in academic administration, OR an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in all aspects of a post-secondary academic environment including instruction, workforce development, budget preparation, instructor training and evaluation, class schedule development, dual credit programs, and curriculum development and delivery
- Proven administrative abilities as demonstrated by three to five years of experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity
- Willing and able to work a non-traditional schedule as needed
- Willing and able to travel within the service area as needed
- Evidence of the ability to collaborate as an effective member of a large organizational team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in developing and implementing goals and strategic plans
- Ability to manage human and capital resources
- An understanding of accreditation matters and familiarity with policies, procedures, and requirements of accrediting bodies in higher education
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality regarding sensitive issues
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve conflict
- Ability to act ethically and with integrity in the best interest of the College
- Skills using technology to accomplish duties and responsibilities
- An earned doctorate
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy and goals
- Experience of a similar nature in a community college setting
- Ability to develop and maintain an excellent institutional reputation within the service area through positive interaction with community leaders, citizens, and students
- Experience with student recruitment and retention
- Experience developing and overseeing robust student access, inclusion and support services
- Manage the day-to-day academic and student experience activities of the campus on-site
- Ensure that quality community college services are available to all interested parties within the service area
- Participate in public relation activities to continue to build and maintain a positive image and reputation for Eastern Arizona College
- Oversee and participate in the development of academic and workforce development programs and ensure the quality of content and delivery for all courses regardless of modality
- Oversee, build, and maintain dual credit high school programs
- Develop and oversee effective student engagement efforts
- Provide direction, supervision, training, and evaluation for all instructors and staff
- Develop and manage the campus budget
- Fulfill responsibilities during non-traditional days and times as necessary
- Serve on committees to support the campus and College
- Perform other duties as assigned
Application Information: Please indicate which campus position(s) you are applying for.
Applicants should send a letter of application addressing each of the required and preferred qualifications and describing experience related to the position responsibilities, a vita, transcripts (if copies are sent, official transcripts must be on file prior to the date of hire), a signed copy of the EAC application form, and a minimum of three written confidential letters of professional references, to:
Eastern Arizona College Human Resources
Dean – Gila Pueblo Campus or Payson Campus
615 N. Stadium Avenue
Thatcher, AZ 85552-0769
The submission of all required application materials for the screening committee’s review is the responsibility of the applicant.
Applicants must be prepared to interview at their own expense.
All applicant materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 7, 2021. A decision is anticipated on or about May 3, 2021.
Compensation and Position Availability:
The initial position compensation range is $103,468 - $112,465 per current salary schedule plus a cash flex benefit. The position also includes excellent employee benefits. The anticipated position start date is June 1, 2021. Funding for this position is contingent upon continuation of the external contract between the Graham County Community College District and Gila County Community College Provisional District.