English Instructor - Unlimited Full-Time
Rainy River Community College is seeking an unlimited, full-time English Instructor who is committed to excellence in teaching and learning; using active and experiential learning strategies; creating a student-centered environment; commitment to teaching students with a wide variety of backgrounds and working collaboratively with colleagues to create a successful student-learning environment.
Start Date: August 16, 2021
Position duties include but are not limited to:
- Instruct students in a variety of English composition and literature courses, including developmental level, using student-centered teaching and learning processes.
- Activities related to teaching and learning including, but not limited to: curriculum development, collaborating in learning communities, instructional planning, student evaluation, classroom management, interpersonal relations, promotion of safety and student success.
- Explore and incorporate technology into curriculum delivery, including online and distance-learning instruction.
- Develop multi-cultural, gender, and disability fair curriculum to serve a diverse learner population.
- Collaborate work in the larger college community and the local community through a variety of activities (e.g., service on committees, college-wide and program-level assessment, student life, etc.).
- Master's degree with a major in English or Master's degree in any discipline/field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in English.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- All new faculty must complete the teaching and learning requirement during their probation period.
See requirements here: Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- Teaching experience with a diverse learner population.
- A commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive teaching.
Application Procedure: Applicants must apply online using Rainy River Community College’s People Admin online application: https://nhed.peopleadmin.com/postings/1524
Please upload the following information with your People Admin application:
- A letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the position
- A current resume
- A list of three professional references with contact information
- A statement of applicant’s teaching philosophy, especially as it relates to a community college setting
- Unofficial copies of academic transcripts and licenses (official will be required at time of hire)
Deadline to Apply: March 22, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in International Falls
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in International Falls
- English & Literature Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in International Falls