Claremont Graduate University • Claremont McKenna College • Harvey Mudd College Keck Graduate Institute • Pitzer College • Pomona College • Scripps College
The Claremont Colleges is a unique consortium of seven distinguished academic institutions, five undergraduate and two graduate institutions. Collectively, The Claremont Colleges constitute an academic community of 6,000 students. Each institution is autonomous, with its own students, faculty, administration, academic specialties, and educational philosophy. The Colleges have a common library and share several other major facilities; the campuses are adjoining. The common resources provide students and faculty of the small individual institutions with the resources and advantages of a mid-size university. Claremont is located 35 miles from Los Angeles. The following positions are currently available. Unless otherwise specified, all positions require a Ph.D. in hand or near completion. Inquiries about other requirements should be addressed to the contact person for the position in the listed websites.
The Claremont Colleges are Equal Opportunity Employers. Women and individuals from racial, ethnic minority, and other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Claremont Graduate University
- School of Community and Global Health: Open rank, tenure-track position. Strong publication record, current extramural research funding, teaching in health area required.
- Center for Information Systems and Technology: Open rank, tenure-track position. Research interests in areas such as Mobile Applications, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, and the Internet of Things.
- Department of Politics and Government: Advanced assistant-early associate, tenuretrack position. Research interests in areas such as Political Behavior, American Political Development, Gender in Politics, and/or Law and Politics.
For all positions go to:https://www.cgu.edu/employment-opportunities/faculty-jobs/
Claremont McKenna College
- American Literature: Tenure-track assistant or associate professor in twentieth-century American literature, preferably with a specialization in African-American literature
- Government: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in public policy and/or public administration with ability to teach quantitative research methods; useful secondary areas include public opinion, state and local government, urban politics.
- Government (IR): Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in the subfield of Middle Eastern politics.
- Mathematics: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Applied Mathematics specializing in mathematics of machine learning, statistics, or mathematical finance.
- Philosophy: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor with expertise in at least one of the following: Philosophy of race, philosophy of ethnicity, philosophy of social class, philosophy of gender, philosophy of disability, or non-western philosophy.
- Psychology: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Industrial Organizational Psychology. We are especially interested in a focus on individual differences in organizations, talent management, decision-making, teams and teamwork, and working in diverse contexts.
For additional information: https://webapps.cmc.edu/jobs/faculty/home.php
Harvey Mudd College
- Computer Science (all areas): Assistant Professor, tenure-track (two positions). Passion for teaching, commitment to inclusion and diversity, and ability to build a solid research program involving undergraduates are highly valued. See https://www.cs.hmc.edu/faculty-positions/.
- Math (Data Science & Analytics): Assistant Professor, tenure-track. Must demonstrate teaching excellence, commitment to inclusion and diversity, and a strong research program accessible to undergrads. More information: https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/jobs/10390.
- Physics: Assistant professor, tenure-track. Any subfield; one position experimental, one open to experiment, theory, or computation. Seeking excellent teachers and research mentors for undergraduates. Apply by Nov. 3, 2017. Contact Theresa W. Lynn, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org. Details and application at https://AcademicJobsOnline.org/ajo/jobs/9452.
Keck Graduate Institute
- Clinical and Regulatory Affairs: Professor of Practice in Clinical and Regulatory Affairs, non-tenure-track position. Experience in one or more of the following areas: clinical research, regulatory affairs, or quality assurance. Industry experience in areas of drugs and biologics, medical devices, and/or diagnostics preferred. For more information see: http://www.kgi.edu/employment
- Bioprocessing: Bioprocessing faculty, non-tenure-track position. Experienced applicants in lead roles with upstream and downstream unit operations, biomanufacturing of biologics, computation fluid dynamics, process modelling and digital bioprocessing. For more information see: http://www.kgi.edu/employment/faculty-bioprocessing
Keck Science Department of Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, and Scripps Colleges
- Biophysicist: Assistant/Associate Professor. Emphasis on physics research program that is related to an area of interest in biology including cellular, molecular, systems, synthetic, developmental or physiology. Contact: email@example.com.
- Disease Biology: Assistant Professor, tenure-track position. Emphasis on the ecology/evolutionary biology/modeling of infectious disease, disease and the environment, and/or emerging diseases. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Microbiologist: Assistant Professor, tenure-track. Emphasis on expertise in a range of experimental molecular microbiology subtopics. Contact: Pferree@kecksci.claremont.edu.
For additional information: https://webapps.cmc.edu/jobs/faculty/home.php
- Political Studies with emphasis in Comparative Politics: Assistant Professor, tenure-track. Research and teaching focus on East Asia or Southeast Asia, South Asia, or the Middle East is desirable. Ph.D. in Political Studies or comparable field required. View details and apply at https://pitzer.peopleadmin.com/postings/965.
- Clinical Psychology/Health Psychology: Assistant Professor, tenure-track. Sub-specialty is open. Research and teaching in health-related issues is desirable. Ph.D. required. View details and apply at https://pitzer.peopleadmin.com/postings/966
- Computer Science Department: Assistant or Associate Professor, tenure-track position.
- English Department (Creative Writing: Poetry): Open rank, tenure-track or tenured position.
- Media Studies (Film): Assistant Professor, tenure-track position.
- Music Department (Voice): Assistant Professor, tenure-track position.
- Politics Department (European Politics): Assistant Professor, tenure-track position.
- Theatre & Dance (Theatre Performance): Assistant Professor, tenure-track position.
For more information visit http://www.pomona.edu/administration/academic-dean/faculty-jobs.aspx or apply through academicjobsonline.org
- Four tenure-track Assistant Professors:
- Studio Art: Contemporary, digital art. FMI, contact search chair Nancy Macko at email@example.com
- Economics: Macroeconomics, international, and money/banking. FMI, contact search chair Sean Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- French: French and/or Francophone Visual Culture. FMI, contact search chair Nathalie
- Rachlin at email@example.com.
- Spanish, Latin American and Caribbean Literatures and Cultures: Geographic areas of specialization either in Central American and/or Mexican transnational or Venezuelan and/or Colombian and/or Chilean and/or Paraguayan transnational literatures and cultures. FMI, contact search chair Marina Pérez de Mendiola at spanishStudiesSearch@scrippscollege.edu.
For additional information: http://www.scrippscollege.edu/hr/faculty.