Criminal Justice Instructor, Tenure-track - WVU Keyser
West Virginia University's Potomac State College campus, located in Keyser, West Virginia, seeks qualified candidates committed to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level in the following area:
Instructor or Assistant Professor in Criminal Justice, Tenure-track
This position is full-time, nine months with full benefits, and a starting date of August 13, 2021.
Duties: Teaching responsibilities include all criminal justice related courses including but not limited to: CJ 101, CJ 111, CJ 202, CJ 225, CJ 230, CJ 245, CJ 285, CJ 315, CJ 380, CJ 401, CJ 455, and CJ 485.
Service and professional growth and development are required pursuant to PSC promotion and tenure guidelines.
All qualifications must be met by time of appointment:
- A minimum of a master’s degree in criminal justice from a regionally accredited college or university is required by time of appointment OR a master’s degree in a related field and 18 credit hours of criminal justice.
- A minimum of a Ph.D. in criminal justice from a regionally accredited college or university or Ed.D. and master’s degree in criminal justice is required by time of appointment.
Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- Minimum 2 years experience developing and delivering courses in a variety of modes, including online courses that ensure quality and effective assessment;
- A commitment to collegiality with peers and building a welcoming community;
- A student-centered commitment to high academic standards and service to students, including an effective and conscientious commitment to academic advising;
- A commitment to utilizing innovative teaching methodologies and systems which actively engage students in the learning process;
- Expertise developing student learning outcomes, and course and program assessments;
- A commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Expertise in online instruction is required.
- Excellence in college teaching expertise is valued.
- Complete the online application and upload (under Attachments):
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial college transcript(s)
- Contact information for three professional references
Priority will be given to applications received by April 12, 2021. Deadline for applications is May 12, 2021 .
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/ .
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown