Retail Dining Associate (Food Court/Snack Bar Attendant) - CREATING POOL OF APPLICANTS FOR
Employees in these positions prepare and serve fast-food and beverages and/or supervise such activities in a snack bar/sundry operation.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Employees in positions allocated to this level prepare and serve beverages and fast food items and perform other miscellaneous duties in a snack bar/sundry operation. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
Food Handlers Certificate or Food Service Manager Certification required upon hire.
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
Minimum Pay Rate (Hourly or Monthly)
$12.00 per hour (rate will increase according to the collective bargaining agreement)
Hiring Rate Information
Actual hiring rate is commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to eligible applicants.
Priority Review Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
This job posting is to create a pool of qualified candidates for future openings. There may not be an actual vacancy at the time you apply.
• For information about Northern Illinois University’s benefits package, please visit: https://www.niu.edu/hrs/benefits/index.shtml
• Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine length of experience.
• Once your complete application is submitted and the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the classification and any special requirements associated with this particular position.
• Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application.
• ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE SCHEDULED TO COME TO THE NIU DEKALB CAMPUS TO TAKE A STATE UNIVERSITIES CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION . At the time of testing, you will be required to present a photo ID. NOTE : If you have previously tested for this classification and you wish to rewrite the exam to improve your score, please contact the Civil Service Testing Office at 815-753-6033 or 815-753-6034 by the posting deadline.
• Required documentation noted in the posting such as driver’s license, licensures, or certifications MUST be presented at the time of the examination.
• If eligible for veteran’s preference points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable Discharge MUST be uploaded to this posting in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
• Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
• For more information regarding the AFSCME Collective Bargaining Agreement, visit: https://www.hr.niu.edu/hrs/_files/labor/963-afscme-building-services-dining.pdf
Link to Department Homepage
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
Is Background Check Required
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form . For further assistance, please contact the office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Education ( AAEOE ) at email@example.com .
Clery Act Information
NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Have you attached a copy of your DD214, DD215, NGB22, or DD256
for consideration of Veteran's Preference Points? The copy
submitted should reflect the status of discharge in order to be
- Not Applicable
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Certifications/Licensure #1