Employment & Benefits Specialist, #32780
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
St. Charles Community College seeks a full-time Employment & Benefits Specialist who will be responsible for carrying out employment and benefit administration functions for the College in support of strategic organizational goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors the work of search committees and hiring managers of full-time searches to ensure actions align with fair employment practices and strategic organizational goals.
- Administers the Applicant Tracking System, including posting positions and adding users & departments.
- Creates and places job ads for recruiting ensuring effectiveness in attracting adequate size of diverse qualified pool.
- Provides assistance to hiring managers and search committees during hiring process.
- Reviews for accuracy and coordinates the correction of requisition and employment change forms.
- Completes compensation analysis for appropriate pay rates, job offers, new employee appointments, and staff and faculty credentialing.
- Creates and updates job descriptions under the direction of the Director of Human Resources.
- Completes benefits administration duties including enrollment troubleshooting, open enrollment support, monthly bill reconciliation, and maintaining informational web pages.
- Accurately maintains and applies up-to-date knowledge regarding fair employment practices and laws.
- Responsible for employment posters compliance.
- Participates on Faculty Search Committees to provide guidance, input, and HR services.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with preference to a degree in Human Resources
- 2 years of Human Resource experience in the areas of employment and/or benefits is required.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge in Human Resources theory and fair employment practices
- Intermediate skills in the use of web-based technology, Word, and Excel are required
- Talent acquisition experience is preferred
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.