Assistant Professor of Educational Studies
- The Dickinson College Department of Educational Studies (EDST) seeks candidates for a full-time tenure track assistant professor position to begin fall 2021. We seek dedicated teacher-scholars committed to maintaining a rigorous research agenda, implementing innovative pedagogy, and fostering an intellectually vibrant, inclusive learning environment. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in a field related to education (e.g., educational psychology, early childhood education, foundations of education, comparative education, curriculum & instruction). Area of research specialization is open, but expertise in quantitative, mixed-methods and/or historical design is preferred. In addition, U.S. K-12 teaching experience is preferred. The successful candidate will teach introductory through upper-level core EDST courses in rotation with departmental colleagues.
The educational studies major enables students to study the discipline of education as it relates to other liberal arts disciplines. In particular, educational studies fosters within students a deep understanding of the complexity of education and schooling as well as an ability to think critically about the ways in which education intersects with a broad range of social, cultural, political and economic forces.
Dickinson College is a four-year, independent liberal arts college with 2300 students. It is located 20 minutes west of Harrisburg, PA, and is a two-hour drive from Baltimore, Washington DC, and Philadelphia.
Interested candidates should submit the following via QUEST (online application system) at https://jobs.dickinson.edu: a letter of application describing the candidate’s qualifications for the position, research agenda, and teaching philosophy; a separate statement detailing the candidate’s experience with and aspirations for addressing diversity and inclusion in their teaching, scholarship, and service; a curriculum vitae; a graduate transcript; sample syllabi; three letters of recommendation; and a representative sample of scholarly writing. Evidence of teaching effectiveness will be required of finalists. Questions may be directed to Associate Professor Elizabeth Lewis, Department Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Review of applications is on-going and will continue until the position is filled.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Carlisle
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Carlisle
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Carlisle
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Carlisle