Advancement Services Coordinator II
POSITION SUMMARY: Fisk University is looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to serve as the Advancement Services Coordinator II. This position serves as the lead staff member responsible for processing gifts, donor acknowledgments, and varied financial reports, and maintains and enhances stewardship programs. The Advancement Services Coordinator, II has significant responsibilities in the areas of data and gift entry to ensure that all cash gifts, stock donations, and pledges are accurately recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database and reconciled with the Financial Office. Performs other duties as requested.
- Handle all duties relative to processing, recording and providing tax receipts and acknowledging gifts in the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database, including mail pick-up and delivery from University offices.
- Coordinate and prioritize day-to-day gift processing activities and ensure accurate processing of checks, credit cards, and electronic funds transfers for unrestricted and restricted gifts and stewardship of gifts. This includes creating and updating computerized donor records. Entering all gift information in donor records, updating addresses and all contact information as well as checking the accuracy of data to maintain data integrity and to ensure no duplicate records are entered. Communicating via email and by telephone with donors to ensure accuracy and donor intent.
- Processes data sets from Blackbaud Net Community (BBNC) which include online donations, participant set up, profile updates and event registrations. Processes monthly recurring gifts via credit card and/or direct debits.
- Assist with processing requests by Fisk alumni to join the Fisk Forever Network Online Community as needed. Follow up with email confirmation acceptance into the network.
- Handles highly sensitive information and maintains strict confidentiality on all materials handled. Adheres to established University and departmental data integrity standards.
- Prepares deposits for submission to the University Business Office.
- Produce and distribute accurate receipts, gift acknowledgement letters and tribute notifications for every gift within a designated benchmarked timeframe for Institutional Advancement and the Office of the President.
- Assist with the preparation of reports as needed,
- Maintains donor/gift files.
- Works with the Director of Advancement Services to ensure accurate processing of gifts and to ensure financial integrity and accuracy.
- Track outstanding pledges and produce pledge reminder letters to donors and reports as appropriate. Verify and update biographical data in Raiser’s Edge as provided by Development Officers, constituent’s information on checks and/or correspondence to ensure the accuracy of the database. Assist with database projects as needed
- Manages Advancement Office events including event registration and events reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with gift processing utilizing Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Work in a collaboration to support the Director of Advancement.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to organize and prioritize work, be self-motivated, provocative, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail, both with documents and with event preparation. Ability to collaborate frequently and effectively with other staff. Ability to maintain a proper level of confidentiality with donor and data information.
- Ability to work well in team environment
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional knowledge of Computer and Database knowledge required (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Experience in gift processing with familiarity with Raiser’s Edge usage including queries, exports and reporting skills.
- The ability to organize and prioritize work, be self-motivated, proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure goals are met in a timely manner
- Commitment to maintaining the security, confidentiality, and integrity of constituent data.
- Experience with information storage and retrieval systems
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the larger picture for a project and work towards achieving set goals
- Ability to multi-task in face-paced environment and work well within the Team.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to manage multiple projects, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, multi-task, follow through to ensure goals are met.
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Licenses or Certificates: N/A
Additional Requirements: A background and/or credit check will be required of the successful applicant. An official transcript (if applicable) and names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) references will be required of the successful ap