Admissions Counselor-Graduate Recruiter
This position is focused on the recruitment and admission of
graduate and undergraduate students, primarily graduate students.
The individual manages and implements a recruitment plan for all
available academic programs at Fisk University with emphasis on
graduate programs. Recruitment will involve travel to colleges,
universities, transfer fairs and college fairs. In addition, the
Admissions Counselor will participate in the review of
undergraduate and graduate admission applications. Counselors are
required to be knowledgeable about all full-time and part-time
undergraduate and graduate programs offered by the University. The
counselor will, in general, contribute to the planning and
execution of Enrollment Management recruitment and retention
efforts. In addition, admissions counselor should
remain abreast of the trends in admissions as well as best
practices. The individual will be knowledgeable about the financial
aid process and various financing options.
- Counsel students and parents through the admission and financial aid process.
- Develop and manage a recruitment plan, including travel to high schools, community colleges and college fairs.
- Review and recommend admission decisions and scholarship offers
- Participate in on-campus programs and events for undergraduate and graduate students, including open houses, information sessions, etc.
- Prepare extensive communications, including direct mail, telephone outreach, email and social media to prospective students and/or parents.
- Review applications, essays, and recommendations along with the transcripts, test scores and complete preliminary credit evaluations for transfer students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the AVP for Enrollment Management and/or the Executive Vice President
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational, communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including PC and MS Office products.
- Business uses of social media helpful.
- Available for regular evening and weekend programs and activities, as well as overnight travel.
- Polished presentation/public speaking skills.
No direct reports.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, required.
Experience: One to two (1-2) years admissions experience at a postsecondary school, preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: Valid driver’s license with a vehicle available for recruitment travel. Must show proof of insurance.
Additional Requirements: A background and/or credit check will be required of the successful applicant. An official transcript (if applicable) and names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) references will be required of the succ