Nursing Instructor (Pediatric)
The Oakland Community College Nursing Program is seeking a full-time pediatric nursing faculty member who will participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of educational programs, courses and other experiences that will directly result in the educational growth of the students and support advancement of the strategic plan of the program and college. This position works in a fast paced, multi-cultural, diverse working environment.Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Academic preparation and experience in the delivery of innovative, evidence based instruction in nursing education at the community college or university level or equivalent.
- Ability to engage collaboratively and professionally with colleagues and students to ensure the successful achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Experience in actively engaging students to think critically while participating in the learning process.
- Demonstrates ability to provide instruction in a face to face, remote, or virtual learning environment.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to lifelong learning and the ability to remain current in nursing and its instructional program.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Demonstrates leadership in clinical or academic setting, including the ability to participate in the work of the department including the accreditation of nursing education programs.
- Advises and supports adjunct faculty to ensure consistent standards and instructional practices within each course.
This position includes clinical and didactic teaching opportunities. This position may include day or evening clinical assignments. Instructor will be expected to perform other duties consistent with their faculty job description as stated in the master faculty agreement, including teaching other nursing courses as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
EDUCATION: Master's Degree, or higher, in Nursing from an accredited college or university is required. Pursuance or earned Ph.D. or equivalent preferred.
Current license or eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
EXPERIENCE: Equivalent of three years of continuous experience as a Registered Nurse providing direct patient care in the last five years in pediatric nursing.
For consideration, all applicants must complete and submit an online application accompanied by:
- cover letter
- current resume
- list of three references with contact information
- copies of transcripts for all conferred degrees